Boy Scouts: Glad we are almost out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Scouts: Glad we are almost out

The Boy Scouts is out for my son. I just can't condone a mental illness that the secular world is saying is so normal.

Didn't the Boy Scouts USED to be a Christian organization?

I'll be my boy's scout leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      What a ****ed up society we live in!

Comment

As an Eagle Scout and conservative voter, I too regret the recent changes.

Having said that, I hope the Scouts continue their good work for a long time to come. I seriously doubt there will be much in the way of unsolvable problems presented by this new approach. Rather, more serious vetting and observation of scoutmasters, associates, and helpers will be the mode of the day.

As to the gay Scouts who actually do show up, they will be few, and will cause fewer problems than many of you imagine. I speak from a wealth of experience, but do not expect that those who think otherwise to change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          And the accepting pack leader is proudly sporting a Dallas Cowboys hat. Ha ha!

Comment

I tell you what, Id be way more concerned having a daughter in the girl scouts that allowed a trans male into the camping trips than a trans girl going into the boy scouts. Not that I agree with the boy scouts decision.

Comment

For yrs I was amazed how the gays a very small part of the population had so much politial power. Now the Trans an even smaller group seems to be growing in power. WTH?

I work for an oil company. We flew the gay flag over our complex in support. I figure there are a lot of greenies in that group. The company should worry more about the red necks driving the trucks that get 10 mpg.

I keep hearing that people are born gay. Years ago Oprah had a young man on her show that was adopted by two lesiban women. He was pro gay. He loved his mothers. He formed a support group for children that were being raised by gay parents. He also stated that a very low percentage of people are gay. I'm trying to remember here but l believe he said that
              something like 35% of kids raised by gay turn out gay. THE GAY COMMUNITY HATES HIM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Self identifiying as something you are not is a form of mental illness or something. Accepting it just because someone may get their feelings hurt does nothing to fix the problem. You don't have a "gender choice"! You are either male or female, and any parent that would go along with that is crazy, and perpetuating the problem.

Bisch
                Agree

It amazes me how people will go through yrs and thousands of dollars trying to "fix" or change the outward body appearance instead of dealing with the real issue.

Comment

This is an interesting, if sad, predicament for the BSA.

My problem with issues like this is; what are the facts and what is the organization? Put simply, it isn't the Boy Scouts anymore. Fundamentally speaking, one must be a BOY. Biologically, not mentally or preferentially. If there is a child that has undergone the full transgender process at some age before they are legally independent, their parents likely need to be in jail, save very rare cases.

I don't disagree that a program designed to teach all children outdoorsmanship, camaraderie, acceptance, etc is a good thing. But, that program is not the boy scouts. It is not the girl scouts. It is some other organization because the scouting organizations are gender dependent. This was done, ages ago, on purpose. The curricula were different - on purpose. I wonder, what will happen when a 13 year old transgender boy is camped/bunked with a less understanding 13 year old boy?

Beyond all of that, my biggest gripe with the entire LBGT community is exemplified, here. Honestly, I do not care how other people live their life. I just don't. But, if your policy or way of life effects me or mine, I want to be able to retreat from it. And I want to be able to do so preserving my own opinions, rights, and time/space. I legitimately fail to understand the motive of, 'let me live how I want! Oh and by the way, YOU HAVE TO LIKE AND SUPPORT IT!" Having my own opinions and taking my own actions based on what you (insert person/organization/persuasion) do is just as much my right as you doing your own thing is yours. Case in point; I would prefer my son not get into scouts based on this policy. Maybe 4H, maybe something else. But, I don't like this trend and I don't support it. That's. Just. Me.

Comment

Working...
                  X