Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave View Post
    Leviticus 19, 17-18
    17‘You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 18‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Mark 12
    29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’e 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Notice the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself ends with a period. There are no qualifiers on that statement. No if's or but, just a period.
    We were also comanded to forth and deciple... to try to change the world and bring about the kingdom of God... and while loving these people i will strive to do allowing them to turn our childrens eyes away from the lord is UNACCEPTABLE...

Scouts also should learn real world truths, sad that gender is the next "hard truth" that we have to worry about

To the scout master who posted... you are a brame man and i solute you. I also think you are doing the only thing that makes semse if you want them to scout, and want them to be Men of God

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by catslayer; 01-31-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

You were born a male or a female. How ****ing hard is that?

Makes me upset!!!

If you decided you were not what you were born with and dont agree with it, tough ****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        They actually have females in BS now. It's called Venturing. Both male and females 14 to 21 can join and participate. It's a great program.
        Yeah, it's just great ! I know I would have liked to share a pup tent with a girl when I was fourteen. What could go wrong ?

Comment

I am an Eagle Scout. I hate to say it but the world is changing. In ways we don't want to see it go. I'm old fashioned so you can guess my mind set. Someone already talked about the scout law, but not the oath.

The Scout Oath
          On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to god and my country and to obey the Scout law; to help other people at all times to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and MORALLY STRAIGHT.

Comment

I like most folks have a pretty staunch opinion about the LGBT movement and the seeming flood of people coming out of the woodwork either identifying as or in support of this as a norm. However, even if it is something I don't agree with I have to look at it from two points of view many folks miss. First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part. I have been in scouts as an adult since my son was 6. He is nearly 22 and is an eagle scout. Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership. I can read you off the 12 points of the scout law if you like. It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.
            Well said

You make a number of well said and articulated points. That is not how things work around here...

I hear people complain all the time about how "this" organization is no longer what it used to be, and turn tail and walk away. How about staying and trying to make it better?

Comment

I keep seeing morally straight brought up. Morals and ethics are interpreted differently by different individuals. LGBT folks don't see their situation as morally compromised. I don't agree with it but it's hard to condemn someone when I too need a Savior.

Gary

Comment

"Smart move by the BSA to keep Islamic fundamentalists out of the organization."

Now thats funny!

Comment

I believe that it is a lot deeper than just "letting in transgenders". People are working to redefine our culture. Not only in the US, but around the globe. I see things as very black and white, from a Christian view point regarding our culture. We need a separation between masculine and feminine. We have our separate roles and responsibilities in society. These LGBT radicals are in the process of totally removing the idea of male and female. It seems to me that they are throwing out the past 5000 years of human history and labeling it as racist, homophobic and just plain wrong.

How did these people get to be so smart in the last 100 years or so as to be able to make that kind of call?

And of course we can't ignore the kids. They need our help and support. BSA is a great way for kids to learn life skills and to learn how to lead. I just think there is something more insidious going on here.

Comment

Believe me, I'm not calling anyone a homophobe or unChristian like. I just know that these are still just kids. Regardless of gender or lifestyle choices down the road I want them to be able to give back to the community, provide first aid to someone injured, understand and participate in the community process, honor our flag and enjoy the outdoors.
                    A scout is; Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Cortious, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
                    I know it's not an easy thing to come to grips with. And I realize that not everyone can look past the issues and just see the kid that needs the program.

For now, if you find a troop whose charter organization is a church that doesn't want to accept the changes then you can be in a program that doesn't have to.

Gary

Gary I was wondering what your thoughts on this would be.

I can't help believe that most of not all of the trans people wanting in be in this are there with an agenda.

Guess it's just the cynic in me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Self identifiying as something you are not is a form of mental illness or something. Accepting it just because someone may get their feelings hurt does nothing to fix the problem. You don't have a "gender choice"! You are either male or female, and any parent that would go along with that is crazy, and perpetuating the problem.

Bisch

Comment

I'm a pre 2013 Eagle Scout and proud of it.

Hated hearing this news today.

Next they will be wanting to change the name from Boy Scouts to "Scouts" because the name "Boy Scouts" is not all inclusive.

Comment

They actually have females in BS now. It's called Venturing. Both male and females 14 to 21 can join and participate. It's a great program.

The program has been in place for a long time, it used to be called Explorers. I was in two different Explorer posts when I was a teen, just so I could go camp, fish, rock climb, and canoe twice as often.

The primary was part of my troop, and was basically a way to keep the older kids involved. We would do a few special trips a year just with the post.

I started the second one, did all the paperwork and got it chartered. I was the first president, and it was co-ed. We had a bunch of fun, mostly it was kids I went to school and grew up with. The post pretty much fizzled out when we all went off to college.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                            While the program was started with the best of motives and intentions, it's become something of a daycare. Most of the grown men I know that were scouts (Eagle Scouts at that) couldn't tell you what a bowline is, much less show you how to tie it, nor could they survive a night in a State Park, much less a wilderness.

That's just sad

I was fortunate that I was a part of such a great troop. We all had to learn those skills and more, many I still use today.

I promised my folks that I would get my Eagle before I got my driving license.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Why is Gender Special?

If it's discrimination to not allow children to determine their own sex, why is it not also discrimination to allow them to live outside and give them rabies shots when they tell you they're a dog? If they self identify as a three armed man, should we be forced to pretend we see their third arm? The way I see it, gender is a physical trait. If/when someone wants to change that bad enough, they can/will save up the money to do so. I'm sorry but a person's mental state has no bearing on the physical reality. If gender is about how someone feels, what should we be recognizing for the patients under state care? They feel many things contrary to our physical reality. Or how about prisoners who identify as innocent? Should we release them?

Hell, famous grown men can't make up their mind regarding gender identification. How do they expect little kids to? When the kids old enough to make that decision (18) if they have the money, they can buy the surgery. Common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                                Kids are better off in scouting.

Scouting is different in lots of places, if you try to compare a rural scout troop to an urban scout troop you will find very different experiences, but they both have value.

I will continue to be a leader in my son's troop.
                                Good Jjob Dave. I was heavily involved in scouts with my son from tiger cubs through his earning his Eagle and then becoming a junior asst. scout leader. Scouting provided him with so much in his growing up, and I believe helped him become the great man he is today.

I'll continue to support their efforts to lead young boys into manhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X