No announcement yet.

Boy Scouts: Glad we are almost out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son is an Eagle Scout and I supported them whole heartedly for years. I have since stopped. I'll take my grandkids to the woods and to church.

Comment

How does a child become transfer gendered? I've seen some boys that weren't very athletic, maybe a moma's boy; but to label these kids Transgendered is wrong. If that is the choice of the person when they become old enough to be sexually active then so be it. Don't try to impose a adults lifestyle on a child.

Comment

Smart move by the BSA to keep Islamic fundamentalists out of the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          How does a child become transfer gendered? I've seen some boys that weren't very athletic, maybe a moma's boy; but to label these kids Transgendered is wrong. If that is the choice of the person when they become old enough to be sexually active then so be it. Don't try to impose a adults lifestyle on a child.
          Snowflake parenting!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
            Well isn't that PC.
            Not meant to be PC. Merely saying that the program can be helpful to those who work through it. Guessing some kids can use more help than others. Program can't help anyone if it folds.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Same thing happening in the world....PC!!!

No one wants to stand up for whats right and morals.....weak backbone

Comment

We have GSA and BSA. Enough of the PC police taking over God fearing America.

Comment

I wonder how many parents of gender-identity confused kids were disappointed the day their child was born, because they didn't get the boy or girl they hoped for, and now they are manipulating their kids to become the gender that they really always wanted in a child. The child plays into that role because they want the affection and love of their mom and dad and if that means pretending to be a girl or boy, then they are willing to comply...

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    Unfortunately I do think this BS is not going away. The way it is becoming the norm I expect to see a lot more transgender folks in the future and it's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    That's exact the problem though (or at least one of the problems). It IS NOT the norm. It's a very, very small percentage of people that is transgender. B.S.A. is a private organization and has every right to maintain their standards of admission just how they are/were. Unfortunately, the leaders of many of our great organizations have fallen prey (Due to fear of being called a homophobe) to this nonsense as opposed to having some danged backbone and standing their ground. To me it's just sad and pathetic. Weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Kids are better off in scouting.

Scouting is different in lots of places, if you try to compare a rural scout troop to an urban scout troop you will find very different experiences, but they both have value.

I will continue to be a leader in my son's troop.
                      This pretty much sums it up!

Comment

What happened to morally straight? I guess the interpretation has changed to anything goes so long as we don't get sued and can keep growing membership. I was in scouts and proud of it but this is not the same organization. You can't claim to be about high standards and then lower them to avoid telling someone "no you do not qualify".

Sorry, if you're a girl go join the girls scouts. Sorry, if you're a gay man without children looking to go camping with a bunch of young boys, you do not meet the standards we are looking for. Sorry, you're a kid that is too confused to understand that boys pee standing up in the boys room and girls pee sitting down in the girls room and those are just simple facts of life. Maybe that kid could benefit from being around people that understand these simple facts of life but they need more help than BSA can offer.

Comment

I was thinking of putting my oldest into the scouts , but after this no thank you.

Comment

Too freaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                              What happened to morally straight?
                              Leviticus 19, 17-18
                              17‘You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 18‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Mark 12
                              29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’e 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Notice the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself ends with a period. There are no qualifiers on that statement. No if's or but, just a period.

Comment

Way to competely undermine the base ideals of your organization... so much for your duty to God and a promise to be reverent...

I likely wont be involved... at least not until o got to know a troop leader and we had real talks

Scouting was a way to teach boys skills and learn to be men from men... to see an institution die insude from cowardice is a sad thing

And to the poster above, we were comanded to LOVE as humans not CONDONE and PROPIGATE... i pray for those ppls souls that they may find the basis of the issues they have and find peace

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by catslayer; 01-31-2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X