X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few that are showing up...

and a doe that needs to die.

Comment

So far it looks like my plan is coming together for a Friday and Saturday hunt this weekend... Like I posted earlier, I've got me an oak flat the the animals are hitting hard... It's pretty open with a good thicket around it. No stand or feeder anywhere nearby. I got one of my crossbows out this afternoon, picked up some longer bolts at Texas Archery (Joey gave me the grand tour of the new digs... WOW!) and shot it out to 40 yards this evening. Plan is to get in the area lined up with the right wind and sit in the brush in one of my ghillie suits... figured the X-bow and shooting sticks would allow me to get a shot off with less movement than raising a vertical bow, drawing and getting the shot off...

Comment

Food plot looking good come on rain

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
        Attached Files

Comment

Question for you all. I have had the same does, fawns, and a few bucks coming in like clock work. I am not from around here, this is the first time for me running my own setups in East Texas. I had to change a feeder battery, but there was always corn on the ground. I have noticed no pictures of deer at a couple feeders. And, a lower number at the other. I've read about the acorns and such. I guess that is the deal? Thoughts? Most of the stands are set up on trails, and the feeders aren't far off, so I figure I will still see deer. With youth season next week, I was looking forward to having more patterned. And with most of August, September, and most of October, I would have told you the time everyday. I have my two 6 year old nephews coming next week, and I want them to take care of some old does.

Thanks!

Comment

To much for them to eat this time of year. An the bucks are getting ready to do their thing. Almost all of my deer have completely stopped using the feeders right now

Comment

Yep. Lots of food on the woods. Young deer are cruising by our feeders to grab a bite and that's it. Feeder with most action has oaks on three sides and two over top

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Yep. Lots of food on the woods. Young deer are cruising by our feeders to grab a bite and that's it. Feeder with most action has oaks on three sides and two over top
                The feeder that is still being hit, has the same.

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                  Question for you all. I have had the same does, fawns, and a few bucks coming in like clock work. I am not from around here, this is the first time for me running my own setups in East Texas. I had to change a feeder battery, but there was always corn on the ground. I have noticed no pictures of deer at a couple feeders. And, a lower number at the other. I've read about the acorns and such. I guess that is the deal? Thoughts? Most of the stands are set up on trails, and the feeders aren't far off, so I figure I will still see deer. With youth season next week, I was looking forward to having more patterned. And with most of August, September, and most of October, I would have told you the time everyday. I have my two 6 year old nephews coming next week, and I want them to take care of some old does.

Thanks!
                  I would throw a bag or two of hand corn away from the feeder hang a camera and hunt the weekend.

Comment

My hand corn pile just came alive in the last two days! Cant wait to see what happens the next two!

Comment

I put out about 20 pounds of hand corn in a 30 yard diameter around my blind yesterday. I hope to get out there this evening. Then I plan to hunt all weekend

Comment

If I put out 20 pounds of hand corn, the hogs will have it gone by 10 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to make a quick run to my oak flat yesterday morning and put a new camera out and throw up a ground blind set for a north wind. I'll be in that sucker rain or shine in the morning by 5:45 AM. This wind that's blowin' in right now in the north Houston area, should have what acorns were left on the trees blown out on the ground... better'n hand corn!! Good luck to y'all who get to hunt in the mornin'... I'll be checkin' in.
                          Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM. Reason: tnik figners

Comment

Headed out for the evening sit

Comment

In the blind in Polk county the next couple days. Deer movement has been almost non existent on the cameras. Hope this cool weather gets them moving.

Comment

I'm on a TPWD draw hunt at fort boggy state park in Centerville. I'm set up on an oak flat with a ton of sign. Hunted yesterday evening and this morning and didn't see anything. At 345 this afternoon I had a good buck cruise through at 50 yards. Maybe something will come through a little closer between now and dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X