Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen anything so far this Morning. The Moon was so bright that I didn't even need a Flashlight.. Pulled the card, had a pack of Hogs come thru last night at 9:15. Looked to be around 8-12 Hogs. On the drive in last night, we say a couple of Doe eating on the side of the road. That was around 10:30. This Moon has them feeding at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Calling this hunt and headed for breakfast. Apparently the neighbors to the east have a hydro axe or an airboat running. Second weekend in a row these clowns have had a parade down the fence

Comment

I got off my hand corn and moved to a stand I have deep in the thick woods. Gonna sit late and see if I catch them using trails in here instead of coming out into the pasture edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been in stand all morning. General don't have anything through until 8. But a no show. Then a second group around 10. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Calling this hunt and headed for breakfast. Apparently the neighbors to the east have a hydro axe or an airboat running. Second weekend in a row these clowns have had a parade down the fence

How close is the new electric ROW to your place?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              How close is the new electric ROW to your place?
              Honestly not sure. Had no idea they were cutting one. We do have an abandoned line that runs east and west. It all fell over 4 or 5 years ago. We had 3 groups out here and they all pointed fingers at each other. I got tiredof mowing around it and cut it up for scrap

Last week it was a 4 wheeler and a trailer banging at 8am. This morning it was some form of equipment but not a brush hog. I'm sitting about 100 yards from the neighbors your place and ours share and can't hear it now. They either quit or its the other place closer to rickys.

Comment

Watching a couple mature buck chasing does hard this morning. The first rut is right on time in Liberty county as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  Watching a couple mature buck chasing does hard this morning. The first rut is right on time in Liberty county as always.

Really? I haven't seen any scrapes yet and bucks running together. I have heard it's always early out here.

Had one bust me at 10 yards just a bit ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
                    Really? I haven't seen any scrapes yet and bucks running together. I have heard it's always early out here.

Had one bust me at 10 yards just a bit ago.
                    We are a mixture of 2N and 1S.

Comment

Found three fresh scrapes and bucks on cam befor daylight. Hand corned trail to one of them for morning hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                        Found three fresh scrapes and bucks on cam befor daylight. Hand corned trail to one of them for morning hunt.
                        I found a scrape next to my feeder this morning and surprise, surprise there was a fresh pee pee stain right in the middle of it. 2 more weeks here and they should be wide open.

Comment

One buck kept on chasing this doe in the feeder pen last night and the onky thing she wanted to do was eat.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I shot me a coon. Looked down the trail sat deer camp around 2:00. Saw a coon dancing out at 350 or so.

Comment

Only rain in 10 counties, and we got drenched. So glad I bought the umbrella that screws into the tree.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                                Only rain in 10 counties, and we got drenched. So glad I bought the umbrella that screws into the tree.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
                                I am not that far south of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X