No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting parked in my Honda Pioneer on our pipeline. Small spike was galloping from the upwind side to me grunting the whole way. You could tell he was on the trail of a hot doe seeing he is scent checking all the trails on each side as he goes. Runs up to about 20 yards from me and looks up. Needless to say, he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings

Comment

I just sent one on a double lung shuffle. Deflation has occurred

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
        I just sent one on a double lung shuffle. Deflation has occurred

He or she?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
          He or she?

For real. Can't tease us like that!

Comment

Shot at 605 less than stellar penetration. But thought I heard a crash about 50 yards. Backed out for 2 hours and came back.

Swamp donkey down

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Shot at 605 less than stellar penetration. But thought I heard a crash about 50 yards. Backed out for 2 hours and came back.

Swamp donkey down

Nice fat doe!

Comment

Here's a buck I shot opening day. I never got around to posting it to this thread!

Comment

There ya go Quarkerbox! Big ol knot head right there...congrats!

Stud of a buck Rage Em!! Congrats.

Comment

So the doe is on ice. Lumenock led me to first blood and the 4 blade muzzy was mia. End if the FMJ was tore and it appeared the head broke off inside the arrow shaft. I hit her her front of the shoulder clipping the heart and artery. Head arrow stopped just short of coming thru skin on the off side. As of now I haven't found the muzzy....

Comment

As of now I haven't found the muzzy....
                      Worth it. Nice doe, congratulations.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

So the doe is on ice. Lumenock led me to first blood and the 4 blade muzzy was mia. End if the FMJ was tore and it appeared the head broke off inside the arrow shaft. I hit her her front of the shoulder clipping the heart and artery. Head arrow stopped just short of coming thru skin on the off side. As of now I haven't found the muzzy....

Good Ol Doe! I'm confused though, no pass through but lost head? As in it pulls back out there he entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                          For real. Can't tease us like that!

Just got back to my phone, It was a smoothie but after a two hour track job we jumped her and backed out. Only to realize we had no idea where we were. If anyone is wondering it is super easy to get turned around in a never ending pine thicket with no cell phone and a Google maps app. Everything seemed perfect and I let it sail at 20yards, broad side and front leg forward, blood was everywhere but my rage let me down. We tracked for over 600 yards. I dont know what went wrong. Never even found my arrow and Im 99% sure I had a clean pass through. Oh well it happens, guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Another beautiful morning in the Pines. I dropped my son off this morning at the bow lease. I'm still sitting down here in my truck enjoying a little peace n quit and drinking coffee...nice fog laying low at our place. Good luck to y'all! Strongest front of the season coming down mid next week!

Comment

There's no deer out here in East Texas. Only vampires.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Good Ol Doe! I'm confused though, no pass through but lost head? As in it pulls back out there he entrance?
                                You and me both.

There was about 6 or 7 inches of blood on the arrow. After we got her peeled the off side shoulder had lots of hemorrhaging. Cut both shoulders off and I could stick my finger thru the entrance and out the other shoulder. But the arrow didn't come thru the skin on opposite side.

She fell hard in the front right after the shot and apparently snapped the head at the threads. I dug all over looking for the head and never found it in her. It's either still buried in a shoulder on ice (which I doubt) or it floated back into her chest cavity and got wrapped in the guts. I just can't see it coming all the way out the entrance hole.

Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-16-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X