No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the deer going MIA for y'all? They stopped hitting my feed trough, my food plot isn't going well yet, and the hogs ran off my bucks hitting hand corn.

I'm assuming they stopped hitting my feed trough because of acorns.

Comment

Colton connected on a stud 12 pt (massive body) this evening right before it was too dark to see. He came in on a hot doe and Colton put it on him. The Ramcat blew through him like butter and stuck in an oak tree behind him. He ran 45 yards then was out like a light! This is Colton's first buck with a bow. This buck has been MIA for over a month then I got a pic of him at 2:30am this morning. Good times in the Pines of East Texas. I sure am glad to call this boy my own...extremely proud of him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Johnny; 10-20-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        Colton connected on a stud 12 pt (massive body) this evening right before it was too dark to see. He came in on a hot doe and Colton put it on him. The Ramcat blew through him like butter and stuck in an oak tree behind him. He ran 45 yards then was out like a light! This is Colton's first buck with a bow. This buck has been MIA for over a month then I got a pic of him at 2:30am this morning. Good times in the Pines of East Texas. I sure am glad to call this boy my own...extremely proud of him.

Good gravy! That's from Montgomery County???

That is a helluva buck!!

Comment

Oh h*ll yeah... Congrats to the both of you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

yowser, what a STUD!!! Congrats, Colton!!! And congrats, Johnny!

Comment

WTG Colton! Great deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Congrats to Colton!! That's s great buck. And first bow buck at that!!

Comment

Heck of a deer congratulations

Comment

He says thanks! Both him and me have used up our buck tag here in Montgomery County so we will do a little more doe culling but no rush. Our main goal is to get our lease partner on a good one. He will be hunting hard now and through the weekend.

This thread is just getting heated up. GarGuy will be in soon. Rumor has it, blood was shed BIG time on his side of the pines.......

Comment

Can't wait!!

Comment

Heck of a buck

Comment

Congrats on an awesome buck Colton!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome buck! Even sweeter its from Moco, congrats to your son and you. What a deer.

Comment

Awesome buck. Congrats to Colton.

Comment

Working...
                                X