No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a place on the Arkansas border in Cass county, does anyone know if it rained out that way. My plots were looking grim when I was there Monday.

Comment

Leaving work!! Headed to pick up the girlfriend and then lease bound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we had an odd evening hunt. Conditions were right. we got in at 330 and I could tell a lot of the hand corn I piled out this morning was gone. 5 does eventually showed and ate a little while, then just started running, jumping, and playing. I guess they were full. At prime time, a yote cruised through and flushed the deer out. Not one buck came in..not even the pile of 1.5 year olds that are on camera all the time.

Thats hunting.....moon is huge right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Well we had an odd evening hunt. Conditions were right. we got in at 330 and I could tell a lot of the hand corn I piled out this morning was gone. 5 does eventually showed and ate a little while, then just started running, jumping, and playing. I guess they were full. At prime time, a yote cruised through and flushed the deer out. Not one buck came in..not even the pile of 1.5 year olds that are on camera all the time.

Thats hunting.....moon is huge right now.

Not a thing in my neck of the woods. I haven't seen a deer since October 3rd, not even on camera. First few hunts I saw a group of 4 does several different times and a yearling 6 point. Since day three of season I have yet to see another deer. All my good buck pictures are at night, but I'm not even seeing does right now.

Comment

Nothing stirring right now either. Waiting on the IR glows so I can thin out a pig problem.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
              Nothing stirring right now either. Waiting on the IR glows so I can thin out a pig problem.
              It's so bright tonight east TX hunters don't even knew a spot-light.

Comment

Had my dad check my camera last night. 380 hog pics, and 2 pics of a small 6 point. :/ He did say he spooked two doe when he pulled up to the camera. So, that's at least a little hope.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  It's so bright tonight east TX hunters don't even knew a spot-light.
                  It's pretty bright, if this field had been baled I could shoot a long ways tonight.

Comment

Settled in with the gf waiting on sunrise. Apparently camera is not working, had no corn left but 20 pics of me putting out 150lbs and 20 pics of nothing. We shall see. Moon was hella bright. I also left headlight at camp and flashlight. Thank goodness for cell phone

Comment

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Didn't see a single deer but had a great time anyway. I can't tell much, but I can tell he's fat !

Comment

Jumped a decent buck on the drive in at 5:30. Nothing in stand so far. Hoping to break this skunk streak. I'm up to 9 hunts with no deer. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                          I have a place on the Arkansas border in Cass county, does anyone know if it rained out that way. My plots were looking grim when I was there Monday.
                          Hunting 10 miles inside AR, rained a good bit here. Looks like 1.5" or better.

come to stand and hogs have tore up my pen again. Feeder sounded empty or clogged. Not a good morning so far.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                            Jumped a decent buck on the drive in at 5:30. Nothing in stand so far. Hoping to break this skunk streak. I'm up to 9 hunts with no deer. Lol

I'm at 9 hunts. Shot a doe but other than that I've struck out. Nothing else has come in to the stand when I'm there

Comment

Super quiet this morning. Doe and a yearling came in. Doe was plenty old enough to shoot but spooky as hell. She came and left 4 times and never got inside 25 yards.

Did have a deer blow at the 4th spark of my thermacell. I'm sure that was a 200" buck with 2 drops and one eye

Comment

I am in Cass County this am. We had some rain...enough to quieten the leaves when walking. Probably less than 1/2 inch. Had hogs on my corn before daylight but they left before I could see good enough to shoot. Shined my flashlight at em and they not leave. Camera shows deer show at random times all day long. I have seen 1 small buck on camera so far, but I am ok with that....at least I am in the right area.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X