Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    In

I got on the lease with Dan(ulatralite09) we are heading up Friday evening to set up feeders, cams and blinds. Looking forward to this season!!
    Welcome to the area. 2 things to remember.
    1. When it's hot is really really hot.
    2. When it's cold it's really really really cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
      TD... please add Wilbarger county to this thread. Not many of us from there. I think me and mjhaverkamp are the only two that hunt Wilbarger.
      Been out twice so far. We have lots of water, grass and quail. Expecting a good season even though there are no deer in the area!
      Thanks for putting it up again.
      Add me to the Wilbarger County contingent. Right, there are no deer in Wilbarger County. Nothing to see there.

Comment

Any of you have advice on food plots?
        I posted on this thread, I know sometimes they get passed over. Hoping someone has some insight. I'd rather not waste the $ and do all that work if it's not going to do well. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy5oo View Post
          Oh man been looking forward to this thread starting again. Me and a buddy who is here on TBH just got a place in Goodlett last spring. We have been getting stuff ready and have high hopes with what we are seeing so far on TCs.

Are you guys off 680? You may have met a friend of mine a few months ago. Good hunting this season!

Comment

Welcome to the area. 2 things to remember.

1. When it's hot is really really hot.

2. When it's cold it's really really really cold.

I got a feeling I'm gonna get my fair share of hot on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
              Any of you have advice on food plots?
              I posted on this thread, I know sometimes they get passed over. Hoping someone has some insight. I'd rather not waste the $ and do all that work if it's not going to do well. Thanks for any help.
              Get the land owner or you to plant wheat and you will have critters.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                Add me to the Wilbarger County contingent. Right, there are no deer in Wilbarger County. Nothing to see there.
                And then there were 3
                I sent you a pm Mike

Comment

The "edit post" button is not appearing so I can add Wilbarger. weird

Welcome to the entrance to the Panhandle!! hahaha

Comment

We got a lot done this past weekend. Lots of water on the place and lots of green. Someone tried to steal my golf cart. They cut a very heavy chain but when they found out it wouldn't run they left it behind after stealing 4 or the 6 batteries! Bastages!

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
                      Are you guys off 680? You may have met a friend of mine a few months ago. Good hunting this season!
                      Yep we are off 680. Back during turkey season we were doing some work up there and I met a really nice guy from Red Oak I think he said. I talked to him for a good little bit. He said he was on a lease up the road and had been on it for many years. I wish I would have caught his name because I really enjoyed talking to him.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy5oo View Post
                        Yep we are off 680. Back during turkey season we were doing some work up there and I met a really nice guy from Red Oak I think he said. I talked to him for a good little bit. He said he was on a lease up the road and had been on it for many years. I wish I would have caught his name because I really enjoyed talking to him.

Yep, that was my friend Marion. We've been hunting there over the past seventeen years.
                        Wishing you guys a great hunting season. Lots of game in the area!

Comment

Finally got all of our leasing done! Always a nerve racking endeavor. We should be set for years anyway lol. Heading to lease soon, but for sure in Sept., dove opener! Ready to check my cam and get the season started!!! I want to be able to post pics, but it always says they are too large, rarelt it will post them. I just use the manage attachments and go to gallery. Is there a better way? I don't have photo bucket etc, is it easy to use, set up?

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                            Finally got all of our leasing done! Always a nerve racking endeavor. We should be set for years anyway lol. Heading to lease soon, but for sure in Sept., dove opener! Ready to check my cam and get the season started!!! I want to be able to post pics, but it always says they are too large, rarelt it will post them. I just use the manage attachments and go to gallery. Is there a better way? I don't have photo bucket etc, is it easy to use, set up?
                            Do you have the tapatalk ap? The ap makes it much easier!

Comment

No i dont. I may try it. I've seen a lot of people complain about it and refer to it as crapatalk lol.

Comment

And then there were 3
                                I sent you a pm Mike
                                No deer in Wilbarger, the new owners of that big ranch ran them all off their property.

Comment

Working...
                                X