No announcement yet.

That moment when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a bad habit of forgetting that I have a trailer behind me. You can imagine that that could cause a problem or three.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
      I was working on my clothes dryer. I spent two hours looking for the screws to put it back together. Backtracked everywhere I'd been, twice. Yup, they were in my pocket..........
      LOL Been there done that, got all on my wife about moving the screws or throwing them away........I was mad as all get out and headed for the truck to go get screws. Hand in the pocket for keys......WTH is in my pocket!??!!! Now the BIG question was do I eat crow or just leave and come back later and finish.

Yes I ate crow.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse View Post
        at least you figured it out. I took mine to the shop to have them tell me the break was on.
        Glad I didn't do that. I live in a small town......I would have never lived that down!

Comment

Most recent one was trying to get an excel sheet to run for work. Had played with it for well over an hour last time i messed with it in November. Took a whopping 2 minutes to figure it out this time. Just need to copy my formulas over to the other cells

Comment

Yep put the boat in on San Jacinto river at a busy ramp and drove it the pier to go park my truck. Parked truck and walked over hill to see the bow and some of the motor. No plug. Turned on bilge and waited til she floated.

The other was putting my boat in at the bay and In a hurry could not understand why the boat would not float. Yep freaking straps on the back still on.

We all learn at some point.

Comment

To many to remember and trying hard to forget the one's I do.

Comment

One time when I was a little kid I was getting all set to build a tree house. The first step was nailing a piece of plywood I found to the limb. The problem was I didn't have enough room to stand on the limb and nail at the same time. No problem, there is plenty of room on the piece of plywood hanging out into space. I'll stand over thereeeeeeeeeee...thump.

Comment

Went hunting, using boat to get way back. Took boat key with me so it wouldn't drive off without me. Going to leave and boat wouldn't start. Tried for 20 min and no go. So I start walking the shore with boat in tow.

I flagged another boater and they tow me back to the ramp. Load up go home(hour drive) and try to figure out what's wrong. I test everything and all seems normal. Pull out the manual and in big writing step 3 was kill switch.

Yep I pulled the kill switch off and forgot about it. Plug it back in and fired right up. So mad at myself for that.

Comment

If no one sees you,or knows about it...................IT didn't happen

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

We all learn at some point.
                      Speak for yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
                        Went hunting, using boat to get way back. Took boat key with me so it wouldn't drive off without me. Going to leave and boat wouldn't start. Tried for 20 min and no go. So I start walking the shore with boat in tow.

I flagged another boater and they tow me back to the ramp. Load up go home(hour drive) and try to figure out what's wrong. I test everything and all seems normal. Pull out the manual and in big writing step 3 was kill switch.

Yep I pulled the kill switch off and forgot about it. Plug it back in and fired right up. So mad at myself for that.

You stole mine. 3 grown men waiting an hour at a dock in Seadrift for a mechanic when the boat would not start after getting bait. Worse, we had a bunch of guides at the cleaning tables watching the whole thing.

Comment

Had a buddy call me up years ago to come help him with his motorcycle. Got over there and I could tell he was very very frustrated. He was try to replace the spark plugs and could not get the threads to start. Asked him if he had the right plugs, and he said he'd even driven back to the shop to make sure the one he bought were the correct.

So he gets his socket and grabs one of the plugs and begins to show me..."See the $&!@$://&?! thing won't go in".

Ohhh man I really hate to tell you this but you're putting it in backwards. He'd been fighting those plugs for hours and when he realized his mistake he was so pi**ed he threw his socket wrench across the yard.

I don't bring it up when we get together because I know it's a sore spot....but it sure was funny and I'll never forget how mad he was.

Comment

These are great!!!! I don't feel as bad now, well, yes I do! but I am happy to see we all vapor lock from time to time.

Comment

He said whompie jawed......
                              LOL

Comment

Not me! If they ain't no witnesses everything goes great and I'm the smartest man in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X