No announcement yet.

That moment when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I had just got my license my dad, a good buddy and I decided we were gonna put the boat in up river and do a little cat fishing and take a second truck with the boat trailer to where we would be getting out of the river. Well the river was kinda low so were all wore shorts incase we had to get out and push the boat. Well me not thinking about it, took my jeans off and put my shorts on but I took everything including the second truck keys out of my pocket and left them in the truck up river.. Let's just say my dad wasn't very happy several hours later when we finally got to the second truck!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
      Does that valve come with a safety cap? The places my truck get taken to I'd be afraid the brush would find a way to open it for me, if it didn't outright break it off.

Look real close at the picture, the little valley at the end is where it rest in is the off position. It is spring loaded, so it will only open of someone does it intentionally. It takes some force, and I don't think it could be accidentally opened.

It has never crossed my mind about it breaking off, mainly cause I don't put my truck in a position to be able to. I suppose it could, but truck would have to be bottoming out on something hard for it to have that chance.

Comment

Originally posted by texanatc View Post
        Got another one for you guys.

Same boat, same lake, and still an hour drive. Decided the day before that I was gonna do some fishing. So I prep everything that night. Lifejackets, batteries fully charged, gear in the boat. The works.

Get up, get coffee and head out. I get to the boat ramp and get everything ready to launch. Plug...check, removed the straps...check, prime the gas bulb, make sure all required safety gear...check. Here we go!

I back the boat in the water and hop in the boat. I sit in the seat and at that moment I realized I left the boat keys on the counter. Right where I put them so I wouldn't forget them. Sheeesh.

That's why I leave the keys in the console of my truck now........been there done that once or a few times too many.

Comment

I made a nice rifle blind out of a shipping crate. It snaps together in a certain way using these big L shaped clips. I spent a weekend painting some beautiful oak trees on the walls for camo. Yep, you guessed it. Got it to the lease and it wouldn't snap together. Got the walls turned correctly and put it together nicely.

Hey Dad???

What?

Your trees are upside down.

Be quiet.

Last edited by Chew; 03-01-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

I was making an early season bowhunt here in Louisiana a few years ago. It was Saturday night at the camp and I was by myself. I didn't crank the generator but lit a couple of lanterns on the porch of my camper and one inside. I had my feet propped up and LSU football on the radio as I enjoyed a few beer. As I got ready for bed I noticed I had left the door open and the mosquitoes were swarming inside the camper. I fire up the Thermacell and head back out to the porch to enjoy another beer as the Thermacell does its job. A little while later I start to undress and lay down in bed and it feels like someone shot me right in the middle of my back! Yep, the old Thermacell had ****** off some wasp in the camper and they had fell in my bed!!!! They were sick and ****** off and it was a long night!

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
              Got you beat by 4 qts.

While I'm not mechanically inept, I won't say I'm a master mechanic.

I do my own oil changes to help cut down on cost, since I have to do it every 1.5 months.

I order and installed a Fumoto valve to cut down on time under the truck. The valve is basically a on/off valve, so nothing to take off when it is time to drain. Also easier access for an oil analysis.

[ATTACH]777801[/ATTACH]

I get the oil drained, put the new valve in, and put the valve in what I believed to be the off position. Put my oil filter on, and get up top to start pouring oil in.

Walmart and Sam's sell the oil I use in 2.5 gal containers. I take this big jug, and start pouring into my funnel. As I'm almost done pouring, a thought crossed my mind that I should check to see if the valve was actually closed. In case you haven't guessed by now, it was open the whole time. I can tell you the valve works better than I had imagined. It was going out almost as fast as I was pouring it in.

I managed to get things done and clean after 40#s or more of kitty litter, and another round of oil. To this day, it was the most expensive oil change I have ever done.
              Hahahaha good to know im not the only one !

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                I made a nice rifle blind out of a shipping crate. It snaps together in a certain way using these big L shaped clips. I spent a weekend painting some beautiful oak trees on the walls for camo. Yep, you guessed it. Got it to the lease and it wouldn't snap together. Got the walls turned correctly and put it together nicely.

Hey Dad???

What?

Your trees are upside down.

Be quiet.

hahahahaha now that's funny !

Comment

Well, I went and made a liar out of myself. Our dishwasher went to acting up, not wanting to empty, so me being the man's man that I am, I tore into it, cleaned all the screens and what not. To assist me during this process I took a light off a Coleman battery powered lantern the wife had bought for me. Well I got it all back together, put the lower dish tray in, and decided to fire it up to test my handiwork. Later that I walked by and thought I'd check it, I opened the door, pulled out the top tray and found my single light from the lantern (doh!). On the bright side, I whole heartedly recommend the Coleman lantern, removed the batteries, let dry for a couple of days and that bad boy lit up like a champ when put it back together. The dishwasher on the other hand is waiting on the appliance repair guy, ran one cycle and quit again.

Comment

[ATTACH]777959[/ATTACH]

Comment

LOL You guys are cracking me up! I am so glad I now have material to show my wife when I make a DOH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X