Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was Edwards County.....Who Cares. Drop Him

Comment

I fall in the group that does not believe that it is 13" and there is no doubt that he is an older buck. I have heard most of the arguments about the special instances where a less than 13" buck should be shot but getting down to it, how can a GW make a decision that is the hunters to make? If it is less than 13" it is illegal no matter what a GW says. The real question is, if you shoot it and it is less than 13", is that OK with you even if you do not get caught with an illegal deer?

Comment

I think he is at least 13".
        His body is massive and that probably makes his rack look smaller than it is.

Comment

I would bet that deer is 13", not by much but he is there.

Comment

I would say just over but not much. He is a big body deer and that doesn't help to make him look legal.

Comment

Last year, not quite. Maybe, currently. Would need to see straight-on view at alert before I would shoot. But, I would be VERY ready-- like bow-up, not-quite-at-full-draw ready.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                I'm going to say no. I have shot deer that look like that. They usually tape out at around 12"
                Yep..i think he might be 12.5". That's a shame

Comment

I don't know, hard to tell by those pics, he is definitely old enough, pics are dated 2011????

Comment

Nope but he needs to go!

Comment

13" gtg...

Comment

Bag it and tag it.... if he is one centimeter less than 13 inches and you get busted, just tell the GW that the experts on TBH gave you the green light. Just don't mention the other experts on TBH that gave you the red light.

My guess, and it is just that, is that he is less than 13 inches by a narrow margin..... like a 1/2 or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          Bag it and tag it.... if he is one centimeter less than 13 inches and you get busted, just tell the GW that the experts on TBH gave you the green light. Just don't mention the other experts on TBH that gave you the red light.

My guess, and it is just that, is that he is less than 13 inches by a narrow margin..... like a 1/2 or less.
                          Hahaha.^^^done!

The camera is messed up. Date and time are wrong. He comes to the feeder just before sunrise and stays for a while dominating the corn when he is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                            That 10:26 pic is the best to judge. He looks like he is really close.
                            Agreed, looks like a yes on that pic but a no on the rest.

Comment

13 1/32" Ground Check that old toad!

Comment

groundcheck

Comment

Working...
                                X