Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've looked at this feeder for the design to feed protein out of. Seems like it would protect the pellets from the elements and not glog up like it does on a regular spinner plate...plus obviously be coon proof.

I'd add a 4-way drop feed tube below the opening and I think you'd be in business.

Comment

Not many East tx hunters in here. I've got one. It's like timed hand corn. I use it when the older bucks or your "smart deer" won't come to your "dinner bell".

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
        I've looked at this feeder for the design to feed protein out of. Seems like it would protect the pellets from the elements and not glog up like it does on a regular spinner plate...plus obviously be coon proof.

I'd add a 4-way drop feed tube below the opening and I think you'd be in business.
        I have a friend that has some commercially made drop feeders that drop down into a tray. Cant remember brand.

Comment

I have a lamco that spins into 4 troughs. It is a LOUD son of a gun!!!

Comment

The non east texas hunters just don't get it. LOL It's really simple guys...mature east texas bucks do not like to hang around feeders MOST of the time. The OP is trying to set up a "hand corn" spot without having to go throw it out all the time. The feeder will be 16 foot up in a tree to hopefully fool the deer that they aren't at a feeder. The design sure looks like it will work if it stays reliable. Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
              I kinda like mine loud. It's a alarm clock for me and the deer.
              Was thinking the same thing.

I could see its uses also. Especially if you're hunting near a snoopy neighbor.

Not hard to locate feeders when they all go off every morning and evening. You'll eventually hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                The non east texas hunters just don't get it. LOL It's really simple guys...mature east texas bucks do not like to hang around feeders MOST of the time. The OP is trying to set up a "hand corn" spot without having to go throw it out all the time. The feeder will be 16 foot up in a tree to hopefully fool the deer that they aren't at a feeder. The design sure looks like it will work if it stays reliable. Good luck and keep us posted!
                X2

Comment

We generally tie empty cans to our so it will make more noise. It just acts like a dinner bell to the deer. The only time I could see a need for a quite one would be if you hunted somewhere where things were getting stolen.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    Was thinking the same thing.

I could see its uses also. Especially if you're hunting near a snoopy neighbor.

Not hard to locate feeders when they all go off every morning and evening. You'll eventually hear them.
                    Public land would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                      The only down side I can see with this stealth feeder is you can't time your farts and beer can opening when your loud feeder goes off !!
                      This made me lmao!. But seriously, learned something. I honestly would of bet money that a deer wouldn't recognize the sound of a feeder and feel in danger. I'm a gambler and would of lost a paycheck on that one. Didn't know their instincts changed as you headed up. Ive hunted Rock Springs, Bracketville, Junction...and never heard of that. All I know is the louder the better down here. It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't here that sound on opening morning either

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                        This made me lmao!. But seriously, learned something. I honestly would of bet money that a deer wouldn't recognize the sound of a feeder and feel in danger. I'm a gambler and would of lost a paycheck on that one. Didn't know their instincts changed as you headed up. Ive hunted Rock Springs, Bracketville, Junction...and never heard of that. All I know is the louder the better down here. It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't here that sound on opening morning either
                        Yes two totally different worlds! The deer in your area are like my deer in Mexico you want them to hear that bad boy, but the BIG boys here stick away from the feeders all together for most of etx (yes there's always a few exceptions) but my place isn't an exception...

Comment

East Texas you have to actually hunt wild deer. All you other so called hunters just sit in your blinds and wait for the feeder to wake you up when it goes off so you can shoot the pet deer you've raised.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                            The non east texas hunters just don't get it. LOL It's really simple guys...mature east texas bucks do not like to hang around feeders MOST of the time.
                            Our bucks are ALL the time.
                            We have some real impressive bucks on our place in E Tx. The only pics we get of them are on trails, over scrapes, or over hand thrown corn. Never at a feeder, day or night. The only bucks we see at a feeder are the real young ones and all the does.
                            That's why I don't hunt feeders on our place. Those are set up for the kids to take a doe or to shoot a hog.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              East Texas you have to actually hunt wild deer. All you other so called hunters just sit in your blinds and wait for the feeder to wake you up when it goes off so you can shoot the pet deer you've raised.

Where's that fallow you used to have on your avatar? Tell us that story again about how you tracked it for 10 days in Eurasia and finally closed the deal ..please, please

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Oh no you didn't......hahaha. Wheres the let me get my popcorn gif so I can watch the commets fly!

Comment

Working...
                                X