No announcement yet.

Quiet deer feeder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's how you make it dump in the trap on the trip mechanism--that bucket and spinner mechanism is sitting on a plywood box--corn comes out, hits the box and falls down. I have another one made with a section of a cut-off metal barrel and it sounds off nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
      No complaints. I have never had problems with mine.
      Me and another tbh memeber used the dump feeders for a couple season they are very sensitive you have to be really easy with it to not bend several of the different pieces on it

Comment

Dinner bell

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Me and another tbh memeber used the dump feeders for a couple season they are very sensitive you have to be really easy with it to not bend several of the different pieces on it
          I agree. They are definitely not bullet proof, but they work for me.

Comment

Dinner bell doesn't work on my ETX lease for mature bucks. It's worked so far without the "dinner bell" so I'm gonna stick with what's proven on my place. Obviously it's not for everyone. I hunt old Mexico where the feeder going off is good, but that's not the same for these piney wood deer.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
              Would probably work great on east texas deer that are feeder shy if the feeder was up in the air a little ways.

Gonna raise it into the canopy about 16'

Comment

Quiet deer feeder!

One of these, some flat bar, a little ingenuity, a timer and battery....

Good making of a DIY project.

I made one for a road feeder with a toggle switch and used it for quiet a few years.

Last edited by JGreen31; 08-18-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
                  One of these, some fla bar
                  Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJanow View Post
                    but.....why?
                    I would normally just hand corn like I always do but with a knee surgery looking to be in my future I have to find a way to get it out in the same method, but with a different operator. Thats my plan atleast

Comment

Huh?

Working off my I-pad and fat fingered the back space and accidentally hit the send.

Comment

I made one for a road feeder with a toggle switch and used it for quiet a few years.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linear-Actua...item4d2faec6c4
                        I just don't have as much time to tinker with stuff with two young children, but that would deff work. Idk how much you would save after all said and done?

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Linear-Actua...item4d2faec6c4
                          That wouldn't work because it's not self resting. The timer will engage it, it will open, then dump all the corn out because the timer has to activate it again to close it. You need a solenoid to do what your taking about.

Comment

I just don't have as much time to tinker with stuff with two young children, but that would deff work. Idk how much you would save after all said and done?

Sure enough been there with the youngins.... My are grown now and my tinker time, thankfully has expanded.

I don't think you would save money, unless you could get the metal for free. But it might be a little more beefier.

I like the idea of the quiet feeder, although I hunt were they like the sound of the spin.... That ain't for everyone like you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by TxHunter06 View Post
                              That wouldn't work because it's not self resting. The timer will engage it, it will open, then dump all the corn out because the timer has to activate it again to close it. You need a solenoid to do what your taking about.

Your right, I had bought a linear solenoid.

Comment

Sure enough been there with the youngins.... My are grown now and my tinker time, thankfully has expanded.

I don't think you would save money, unless you could get the metal for free. But it might be a little more beefier.

I like the idea of the quiet feeder, although I hunt were they like the sound of the spin.... That ain't for everyone like you stated.
                                Yeah I hunt Mexico as well it's crucial you have a traditional feeder there wish I worked in my etx spot it'd be wayyyy easier lol

Comment

Working...
                                X