is open carry going to make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chew View Post
    phase 1: Open carry! Hell to the yeah. Time to go holster shopping. Honey, does this holster look good with these boots? Do you think anyone else in bible study will be carrying a glock 19 with a brown desantis? This is awesome! Look at me....i am an open carrying mofo. Try me. Try me. Try me.

Phase 2: Open carry. This is texas by god america. I think i'll open carry again today. It's been a week or so. Dang this feels good. Say something to me mr. Security guard at chase bank....i dare you. Got a pocket copy of the law right here on my ibooks app. Dang. He didn't even give me a second look. Hmmm.

Phase 3: Honey? Yes? How come you never open carry any more? I do. You just don't see me. I do it all time. Really? I can't remember the last time i saw you open carry. You must not be paying attention to me.

Phase 4: Open carry is my right....but concealed carry makes a lot more sense. I'll just untuck this tbh shirt. It hides my gut anyway. I'll open carry tomorrow when i go to heb. Lots of folks there.

Phase 5: Look at that noobie. "woo hoo...i can open carry". What a gun nerd.
    lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
      First of all, I am ALL in favor of the 2nd ammend. I wish everyone would carry a gun cause I love the stories where the bad guy ends up dead.I carry mine (concealed) everywhere I go. I see no reason (and please do not give me that constitutional right BS)why anyone would need to carry a firearm in the open. What are you trying to accomplish? A feeling of security?I don't think that's it and if it is, are you really that scared!? Do you really think it proves anything to anyone just because you get to wear your gun on the outside? If you want to own AR15's, AK-47's, RPG or whatever I have no problem with it at all. Just dont want it shoved in my face when I'm at the movies,out to eat or anywhere else . I want to watch the movie, not worry about who forgot to take thier XanaX today.
      First, don't confuse OC of long guns as OC. That is an extreme example and a black eye for gun owners.

Second, how can you claim you are pro 2nd if you are trying to restrict it. All or none, you can't be halfway. It is hypocritical. Its like saying I support hunting, but bucks only

Third, your opinion isn't God's word. Just because you don't see a reason behind it, it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. That is the way the antis think and very self centered.

There are plenty of reasons to OC. It is very convenient and comfortable, especially in the summer. Transitioning from outdoors activities to urban settings, going to the gun range, etc. Hell, if I want to to go to Walmart open carrying (which I do often and I am still alive) it shouldn't be any of your concern nor should you want to limit what I can do in my life. It won't affect you at all, unless you are that scared of seeing guns.

Here, you don't even need a CCW permit to open carry, as long as you can legally own a gun you can OC. Guess what, I haven't heard any street fights nor have we had any accidents. Other states do the same thing....not the Wild West either. You're telling me guys there would have to have a permit to OC, you've got it made but still want to cry about it!
      Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 05-14-2015, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Not hardly brother, sometimes it is what it just is.
        So you're all for the 2nd as long as it is aligned with your idea on how folks should carry.

So by your reasoning, only people who OC will flip out and start shooting people up....

FTR...I used to have the same opinions as you on OC. I did a lot of research and talking to folks who lived or spent time in OC states. I never found one instance in which my fears actually happened. Completely changed my views on OC.
        Last edited by Traildust; 05-14-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Its sad a state known for its love of guns is so afraid of them.

I am very disappointed in and ashamed of my home state and that is the very first time I have been able to say that. You would seriously think I was talking about California or New York if I didn't mention a name and was talking about it.
          Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 05-14-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

First of all, I am ALL in favor of the 2nd ammend. I wish everyone would carry a gun cause I love the stories where the bad guy ends up dead.I carry mine (concealed) everywhere I go. I see no reason (and please do not give me that constitutional right BS)why anyone would need to carry a firearm in the open. What are you trying to accomplish? A feeling of security?I don't think that's it and if it is, are you really that scared!? Do you really think it proves anything to anyone just because you get to wear your gun on the outside? If you want to own AR15's, AK-47's, RPG or whatever I have no problem with it at all. Just dont want it shoved in my face when I'm at the movies,out to eat or anywhere else . I want to watch the movie, not worry about who forgot to take thier XanaX today.
            The reason to carry open for me is so that I can work on my land, jump in my truck to go get fuel or supplies and not worry about taking the side arm on my side on and off each time I go or come from town. Also when at the ranch hunting or preparing for hunting I may run to the store several times a day. Again I now have to take off my sidearm just to do so.

I had a good friend arrested several years ago (AND HIS DAD IS A DEPUTY and well known in town) because he was bailing hay in San Augustine and drove his tractor to the gas station just down the road to fill up. When he got there he remembered his 1911 on his side. He placed it in the front end loader lifted the loader high enough so a person could not reach it then killed the tractor and went inside to pay. When he got back to the tractor a state trooper was there to greet him with handcuffs.

THAT IS WHY WE NEED OC

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post

I am very disappointed in and ashamed of my home state and that is the very first time I have been able to say that. You would seriously think I was talking about California or New York if I didn't mention a name and was talking about it.
              That's what I was thinking. Some Beverly Hills Drama Queens.

Comment

Look what is slated to be heard on Monday,
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post

I think you misinterpret fear. It is not fear that drives a man, a Patriot. It is vigilance. I am proud of my state and even prouder of some of it's citizens for having the respect for guns that other's assume is just a given.

Comment

For all the folks that don't want open carry to pass, you are invited to move to another state. of course there are only a few that don't allow it.

Comment

Bowhuntamistad you keep bringing up people fearing guns. It's not the guns we fear. It's the stupid of the ones carrying the guns. We have too many stupid people in the world. Driving cars, deer hunting and carrying guns. Look at the statistics. The reality is people aren't always responsible with guns. At least with a car you are required to have insurance in case your stupid causes you to damage someone else vehicle or person. Not with a gun. You can leave it in your car and allow it to be stolen, leave it where a kid can get it and shoot themselves or another person, leave it where someone can easily find and take it from your house or just sell it to any other stupid person when you are strapped for cash not knowing whether they are a criminal or a psycho. So yes. There is a level of concern for my family there.

That said I have no problem with it passing. I just won't be hanging around the stupid ones I see out in public.

Comment

Can someone explain to me the difference between a stupid CHL carrier and a stupid OC carrier?

Comment

On the map I see all those states that allow open carry without a permit...I travel to a lot of those states for work and I don't think I've ever seen anyone carrying a gun in public?

Comment

duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                              Can someone explain to me the difference between a stupid CHL carrier and a stupid OC carrier?
                              You don't know that one of them has a gun. The other it is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                                Bowhuntamistad you keep bringing up people fearing guns. It's not the guns we fear. It's the stupid of the ones carrying the guns. We have too many stupid people in the world. Driving cars, deer hunting and carrying guns. Look at the statistics. The reality is people aren't always responsible with guns. At least with a car you are required to have insurance in case your stupid causes you to damage someone else vehicle or person. Not with a gun. You can leave it in your car and allow it to be stolen, leave it where a kid can get it and shoot themselves or another person, leave it where someone can easily find and take it from your house or just sell it to any other stupid person when you are strapped for cash not knowing whether they are a criminal or a psycho. So yes. There is a level of concern for my family there.

That said I have no problem with it passing. I just won't be hanging around the stupid ones I see out in public.
                                None of the "stupid" scenarios you listed have anything to do with open carrying of a gun making anything worse.

Want proof? check the 40+ states that have allowed it for years.
                                unsubstantiated and irrational fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X