The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lnester View Post
    Scoreboard. The end-all, be-all of rare finds on a shelf. Yes, I really found it in a store on a shelf, and NO I will not share where. I was pretty excited, I have to admit.

Just goes to show you never know where you will find good bottles out there.

The real question is what did you pay for it? LOL. I’ve seen it on the shelf at places, but it’s not worth the ridiculous aftermarket prices. I’d pay 2-3x it’s actual retail price, but that’s it. It’s certainly a tasty bottle, but not worth the hassle. I’ve been fortunate enough to have the 15 and 20 year, but they were from friends and we shared the bottles over cards/dominoes. It’s a good pour and if I stumbled on one that was reasonably priced, I’d buy. It’s not worth hunting the world for or $4,000 in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by theloneranger View Post
      Which of the two Debb's location was this at in Beaumont?
      Phelan next to Little Ceasars.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
        Scoreboard. The end-all, be-all of rare finds on a shelf. Yes, I really found it in a store on a shelf, and NO I will not share where. I was pretty excited, I have to admit.

Just goes to show you never know where you will find good bottles out there.
        Congratulations! That's a real special bottle! Cheers to good times and hopefully you can share it with friends when you're ready to crack it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

I have acquired a fondness for Four Roses Small Batch. Not real expensive but I really like the taste.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
            I have acquired a fondness for Four Roses Small Batch. Not real expensive but I really like the taste.
            I like the small batch select.

Comment

Stopped today at store, they had blanton's ~$200, stagg ~$170 and eagle rare at ~$80

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                Stopped today at store, they had blanton's ~$200, stagg ~$170 and eagle rare at ~$80

Last bottle of Eagle Rare my wife bought at target for $31. I bought a bottle of Blanton’s for $55 a couple months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  Last bottle of Eagle Rare my wife bought at target for $31. I bought a bottle of Blanton’s for $55 a couple months ago.

I like them all, but price seemed a bit steep. And I'm the one that got them to start getting em. It was a new shop, now they seem to be at the high end. Heck, my brothers wedding was using Eagle Rare to mix drinks with.

Guess I need to find a new go to store.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I like them all, but price seemed a bit steep. And I'm the one that got them to start getting em. It was a new shop, now they seem to be at the high end. Heck, my brothers wedding was using Eagle Rare to mix drinks with.

Guess I need to find a new go to store.

I probably would have paid $170 for the Stagg because I don’t have any.

Comment

I probably would have paid $170 for the Stagg because I don’t have any.

Same. I’ve never even seen any on the shelf.

Comment

Can’t believe the Blanton’s was more than the Stagg Jr

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                            Can’t believe the Blanton’s was more than the Stagg Jr

I'll go back and verify the prices. I was already getting 4-roses, buffalo trace and bulleit.

Comment

Comment

It's so good!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X