No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven’t seen one bottle of nulu on the shelves around me until today so I grabbed it.
    Toasted single barrel barrel select texas exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Haven’t seen one bottle of nulu on the shelves around me until today so I grabbed it.
      Toasted single barrel barrel select texas exclusive

How does it taste?

Comment

If you don’t like the Nulu on the first pour go back to it after a few weeks. The first pour to me wasn’t bad… just both worth the price tag.

Went back to it a few weeks later and my impression of it changed. It’s solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
          Haven't run across regular old Weller on the shelf recently, that I needed to backfill a just emptied wheater spot on my shelf...

...then this week my local shop shelved a bunch of 1.75l bottles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          What is green label going for? Saw 750 ml for $50 the other day, didn’t grab it but think that might have been a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
            What is green label going for? Saw 750 ml for $50 the other day, didn’t grab it but think that might have been a deal.

Sounds about right

Comment

No way! Should be closer to $30-35.

Comment

Originally posted by jsavoie88 View Post

Yeah it’s all over the place around me. And that’s what it’s worth. In my opinion

Comment

I've got a store of here that has the 1.75 ltr. for $44. Might shop around

Comment

Originally posted by jsavoie88 View Post

I went to a local shop Ive been buying Weller SR from for years, a month ago. I walked in and he said you're not going to be happy. Had Weller SR for around 70. I asked if he was seriously willing to lose my business for a huge mark up. He said that his price went way up. I repeated my question and he said he had no choice. I drove to my 2nd favorite store, purchased a case of them for around 40 a piece. I stopped by his store on the way home, tossed him the receipt and let him know that would be the last receipt he got from me.
                    Ive always used him because he's local even though he's a tad higher than the bigger stores, but I won't anymore.

Comment

I see it for around $35 all over dfw

Comment

The 1.75l was only $50... I dont think that price for the 750ml was a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                          The 1.75l was only $50... I dont think that price for the 750ml was a deal.

It’s the same store that has Buffalo Trace for $40 for 750, so…… Guess Weller is inflated too.

Here in Pleasanton our distro is less than great and we see it in prices. Just thought green label went for around $80 for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                            I went to a local shop Ive been buying Weller SR from for years, a month ago. I walked in and he said you're not going to be happy. Had Weller SR for around 70. I asked if he was seriously willing to lose my business for a huge mark up. He said that his price went way up. I repeated my question and he said he had no choice. I drove to my 2nd favorite store, purchased a case of them for around 40 a piece. I stopped by his store on the way home, tossed him the receipt and let him know that would be the last receipt he got from me.
                            Ive always used him because he's local even though he's a tad higher than the bigger stores, but I won't anymore.
                            Might not be all his fault. His distro fees might be way higher than the bigger guy down the road and everything from Buffalo Trace right now is crazy.

Comment

I won an awesome raffle a few weeks ago! Landed this Knob Creek 15

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                                I won an awesome raffle a few weeks ago! Landed this Knob Creek 15

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

That’s a solid pick up

Comment

Working...
                                X