No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a bottle of Blantons off that site for$59 thinking it was a full bottle. Immediately called AMEX and canceled order after finding out it was shady

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
      Angels Envy bourbon

Red Breast Irish whiskey

Macallen and Edradour scotch
      I love both those Scotches (Macallan 12 sherry cask and Edradour 10) but my favorite is Glendronach 15 year Revival. Blended I like JW Gold Label Reserve but drank (and still drink) Black Label.

For Tenn whiskey I'm a JD fan and have been drinking Gentleman Jack lately.

I drank a lot of JB in college and was given a bottle of Makers Mark a couple of years ago but didn't care much for it. Used it for mixing with Coke.

I'm looking for a bourbon that I can drink neat and I may have to try Woodford Reserve. Four Roses Small batch looks like one that I may have to try also.
      Last edited by grizzman; 02-12-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        I love both those Scotches (Macallan 12 sherry cask and Edradour 10) but my favorite is Glendronach 15 year Revival. Blended I like JW Gold Label Reserve but drank (and still drink) Black Label.

I drank a lot of JB in college and was given a bottle of Makers Mark a couple of years ago but didn't care much for it. Used it for mixing with Coke.

I'm looking for a bourbon that I can drink neat and I may have to try Woodford Reserve. Four Roses Small batch looks like one that I may have to try also.
        I suggest you check out Woodford Wheat. It's 90 proof and the mash bill is predominately wheat followed by malt and corn. There's very little rye. This means it's somewhat sweet and fruity. It's a great bourbon to ease into drinking neat. The Four Roses Small Batch Select is another good one to try.

Comment

My recommendations for a sipper under $50.

Buffalo Trace
          1972 SiB or BiB
          Weller SR
          Old Elk Wheated or Sour Mash
          Michters Sour Mash or Bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
            I suggest you check out Woodford Wheat. It's 90 proof and the mash bill is predominately wheat followed by malt and corn. There's very little rye. This means it's somewhat sweet and fruity. It's a great bourbon to ease into drinking neat. The Four Roses Small Batch Select is another good one to try.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdorsett View Post
              My recommendations for a sipper under $50.

Buffalo Trace
              1972 SiB or BiB
              Weller SR
              Old Elk Wheated or Sour Mash
              Michters Sour Mash or Bourbon
              Thanks! I was looking at BT but it looks like it is a little hard to get right now.

Comment

Ha, I found Buffalo Trace nearby. I will try it.

Edit: Nope out of stock.

Comment

Buffalo Trace or Wild Turkey 101 or Makers Mark

Comment

Picked these up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you don’t like makers then probably stay away from anything wheat (wellers)
                      Wheat is one of the distinctive Ingredients for makers mark

Something easy to drink:
                      1792 small batch
                      Elijah craig small batch
                      Old forester 1910
                      Four roses small batch select

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                        If you don’t like makers then probably stay away from anything wheat (wellers)
                        Wheat is one of the distinctive Ingredients for makers mark

Something easy to drink:
                        1792 small batch
                        Elijah craig small batch
                        Old forester 1910
                        Four roses small batch select

I agree.. I always have a bottle of Elijah Craig to sip on and just revisited the Knob Creek 9yr which is also delicious

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a big fan of Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, the one with the white label. It's one of my go-to, always have it on the bar bottles. Usually under $20 but don't let the price fool you. It's a great sipper and is great in an old fashioned or manhattan. https://evanwilliams.com/bottled-in-bond-bourbon

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            I agree.. I always have a bottle of Elijah Craig to sip on and just revisited the Knob Creek 9yr which is also delicious

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’m glad you mentioned knob
                            After I posted it hit me that I should have included it

Comment

Just tried some Paddies Irish whiskey at LTR and it is very smooth and almost creamy.

Comment

Haven't run across regular old Weller on the shelf recently, that I needed to backfill a just emptied wheater spot on my shelf...

...then this week my local shop shelved a bunch of 1.75l bottles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X