• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaper311 View Post
    Jack is the never fail, but also Black velvet Reserve is pretty good
    Never heard of those bourbons.

Comment

Purchased a Booker's 2020-01e at retail. It is apparently the 2020-01 "Granny's Batch", but tagged for export.

I like Knob Creek, so I am hoping it is good. (I think Booker's is just a barrel strength, barrel pick of the same mash bill.)

Last edited by howabouttheiris; 02-22-2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Good score on the ER, prolly just me but any EHT I get is just for trade bait.

Anytime you want to get rid of some, let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
          Purchased a Booker's 2020-01e at retail. It is apparently the 2020-01 "Granny's Batch", but tagged for export.

I like Knob Creek, so I am hoping it is good. (I think Booker's is just a barrel strength, barrel pick of the same mash bill.)

I haven't seen that one. Any more on the shelf? Bookers is one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
            I haven't seen that one. Any more on the shelf? Bookers is one of my favorites.
            Sorry, but the shelf was not in the USA. I had a family member travelling, so I had him grab it for me.

Comment

Buying a bottle for my buddy's birthday (the big Four Ohh). does anyone recommend something awesome and unique for < $100? I'm in Dallas. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                Sorry, but the shelf was not in the USA. I had a family member travelling, so I had him grab it for me.

Dang. It definitely didn't look like their usual labels. I'm going to have to start traveling again and hit the Duty Free shops.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  Saw a bardstown on the shelf today but was maroon label. But didn’t want to try it being $140. Anyone tried it before?
                  I haven't personally had it, but I've heard it is very very good. If you can throw down $150 for it that isn't a bad price.. tad over retail I think

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                    Buying a bottle for my buddy's birthday (the big Four Ohh). does anyone recommend something awesome and unique for < $100? I'm in Dallas. Thanks!
                    You can get a great number of good ones at least than 100. Irish.. try Redbreast 15yr, Bourbon.. try Stellum Black, Woodford Reserve Masters Collection, Booker's if you can find it, Four Roses Single Barrel, George Remus Repeal, whisky try.. Jack Daniels Sinatra, willet 4yr Rye, Jack Daniels Single Barrel Rye so many more.. Maybe some of the guys in North TX can help with stuff that is available there

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Hit the NE Texas honey hole today. Prices are a little hot but fair amount of rare stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220222_182600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	24677917

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        How does it taste?

Just got around to cracking it open

The jury is out. ….

Neat it’s not bad
                        I dropped a big block in and things went waaay south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                          If you don’t like the Nulu on the first pour go back to it after a few weeks. The first pour to me wasn’t bad… just both worth the price tag.

Went back to it a few weeks later and my impression of it changed. It’s solid.

I think I may need to circle back!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

$100 is tough right now due to the high prices if you want something unique

If it were me and my budget was $100 I’d probably look at 2 solid $50 bottles

I really like the jack Daniel’s single barrel select , I find it tough to beat at the price And it’s readily available almost everywhere
                            Then maybe find a nice rye to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                              Today was a good day.

Those are my 2 preferred drinkers.

Comment

What is the target price range on the EH Taylor? I spied a bottle of it yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X