No announcement yet.

Couples that hunt together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my wife hunt and fish together. Took her hunting on our honeymoon.
    Last edited by npe001; 04-23-2015, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
      My girlfriend and I have been hunting together since we started dating but when she transferred to Texas Tech I got her hooked on duck hunting. Before we started dating she was huge into big game but now all we hardly do is hunts ducks and/or geese. Here is a blog she wrote the other day for the company she works for, Prois.

Is that a Rhodesian in the first pic doing the retrieving?

Comment

My wife has no desire to hunt, and I'm ok with it.

Would I like her to go out there....sure why not it would probably allow me more days to go. We've been together for 10 years, and married 6. She's only been out with me once in that time period. She enjoyed watching the deer, rabbits, and birds, she didn't enjoy watching me clean the hog I shot....lol

I give her credit for trying it's just not her thing. I am fortunate that she allows my son and I (and hopefully daughter once she's older) to go. Now I go hunting, and she goes shopping

Comment

We both like to hunt but prefer to sit by ourselves. When she goes out you might as well sharpen your knife because a deer is about to get popped! She's pretty indiscriminate and I get a kick out of it. What makes it so much more expensive for your wife to hunt too, for you guys that mentioned that?

We do float and wade fish a lot together around the farms. We both enjoy that together. This was last weekend catching some smallmouth.
          Attached Files

Comment

Mine doesn't. I wish she did but it just doesn't intrest her but she encorages me to go hunting any time I want. She loves the food I bring home.

Comment

here. Met, kissed the first time, then later got engaged all at the same deer lease that both of our dads are on.

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                My next wife will hunt with me, or she will not be my next wife!
                yep, that is my plan too.

Comment

Mine doesn't.... yet. I'm working on it, but not pushing it. Last season she finally came with me on a hunt and she did seem to enjoy it. She even got to feel buck fever even behind the binos and now understands what I had been trying to describe for the last couple years.

We do however enjoy fishing together and have been fishing together since we've been dating.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                    My wife has no desire to hunt, and I'm ok with it.

Would I like her to go out there....sure why not it would probably allow me more days to go. We've been together for 10 years, and married 6. She's only been out with me once in that time period. She enjoyed watching the deer, rabbits, and birds, she didn't enjoy watching me clean the hog I shot....lol

I give her credit for trying it's just not her thing. I am fortunate that she allows my son and I (and hopefully daughter once she's older) to go. Now I go hunting, and she goes shopping
                    Mallard drake

Comment

My wife loves to hunt with me. That's whybi married her!

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
                        yep, that is my plan too.
                        x3.... only... ya know... with a dude.

Comment

She's my best friend and is welcome to come on any trip with me. My wife shoots (archery and guns) with me and we go fishing when we can. She's come along hunting a few times but doesn't really have interest in shooting. More for me! In a few years our two little ones will be ready to come along and we'll make as many trips together as life allows. That's what hunting/fishing has been about all my life. Trophies are great but I remember my first squirrel hunting trip with my grandpa and dad in more detail than the gold medal axis or big bull red.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                            Is that a Rhodesian in the first pic doing the retrieving?
                            Jack Russell haha, he was raised around labs so he thinks he is one of them!

Last edited by johnpaul; 04-23-2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

My wife hunts with me all the time. She's much more noise disciplined and focused than most men I've hunted with. When it comes time to quarter, skin, process, she's all over it. Can't imagine hunting without her.

Comment

Yep. I didn't see much on camera last year that impressed me, so I kept the kid and let her go by herself a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X