No announcement yet.

Couples that hunt together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully, the good lord above blessed me with one that loves to hunt and lets me go as much as I want. We just got married this past weekend and she agreed that Africa would be a good honeymoon destination so we leave out in THREE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!! (just a little excited! )!
    Attached Files

Comment

My wife enjoys going to deer camp and sitting in the blind with me. She even went to Canada with me on a bear hunt but stayed at camp and read books. Leaving we drove through a national park and she was so excited we got to see a bear driving while driving. It was a beautiful color phase blonde bear. She bragged to me "I got to see a bear and I didn't have to climb into a tree stand and deal with the bugs and ticks." I didn't start hunting until we were married for 8 years. But she is very supportive....her dad and brother are the ones who took me hunting for the first time.

Comment

My wife hunts with me when I am rifle hunting. She will shoot anything she is allowed to. And she can fill all my tags this year except for my axis buck.

Comment

How's everyone's hunting season so far? Any stories this year? We are making a video of our scout before the season started, it is truly amazing video. We'll post this week.

Comment

We go together, occasionally.

Like every chance we get.

It might get interesting this year with two leases.

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
            I let my wife tag along from time to time.
            Doesn't she have her own spot?

And how nice it is of her to let you shoot the little ones....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              We go together, occasionally.

Like every chance we get.

It might get interesting this year with two leases.

Doesn't she have her own spot?

And how nice it is of her to let you shoot the little ones....

She is a giving person, what can I say.

Comment

Belly_up just built a bow stand big enough for both of us, we haven't seen much so far but it's great spending time with him in the stand. I've always been an avid hunter so it's nice being able to share that passion with him.

Comment

I've taken my wife hunting, and it's like hunting with a marching band. Hunting is my time. I don't try to squeeze in on her shoe shopping, so it all works out.

Comment

Yep every chance she gets. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Mine does. She did when we first met actually she didn't really like the idea of me killing "poor little Bambi's" but she came around after first trying some deer filet mignon stakes I made for her. Then she started showing more interest in it, would come sit with me mainly just to watch deer. Then she saw me shoot a nice 7 and she was hooked. I said I was done for the season and she asked if she could try and shoot one the next morning. I bet the neighbors loved out late night rifle practice with flashlights lighting up the target and shooting bench. She shot her first doe last year and is excited to shoot a buck this year. We went and got her a new rifle for her doe kill last year and pigs (all I have to say is pig and she is up in the stand and ready to shoot them), a new shotgun for this years dove hunts and then she watched me get a new bow two weeks ago and start practicing.... She now has her own bow too. Lol. So I'm looking for more bow stands to hang with mine and/or tandem stands, if you have any ideas let me know. Sorry for the long "Quick Reply", I'm just proud of her.

Comment

Mine does 25+ years best hunting partner I could ever wish for.

Comment

My wife Kelly and I have been hunting together now for 7 years. She is by far my favorite hunting partner!

Comment

Can't go to the ranch without her. I think she likes it more than me.

Comment

We've been hunting and fishing together for 24+ years now! In fact next July will mark our 25th anniversary of our first Fishing trip ever together! Couldn't ask for a better hunting and fishing partner!!!

Comment

Nope. My wife doesn't care much for the outdoors and certainly doesn't want to hunt. However, she allows me many more days in the woods than I deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X