17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    When he had her down, why did he let her up?
    First thing I noticed, desk officer loosing his street skills.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      really? unbelievable.

of course it could have been handled much differently, just like you could have went to whataburger instead of mcdonalds for lunch, or got gas at exxon instead of shell.

you are military, right? thats the exact reason for a debrief after an incident, to see what could have been done differently/better.

the armchair qb's on here drive me crazy, although i enjoy the entertainment.
      Yes. Jmho She did not attack The LEO. He can't handle a 17 year old girl? Yes, I have issue as I saw no aggression from her.
      Last edited by Speedgoat; 01-29-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

The world is getting crazy. If we want a better life in not so crazy world. Well, then you have to start killing the crazy. I did not watch the video. I only glanced at some of the post. I'm sure the cops at first thought the same as most men would. She's a 17 yr old girl. What can she do.

She made her choice. And she died.
        It's funny how some on here are saying how they fill sorry for her. Cops should have handled differnt, but your the same ones that thought the cop did his job at furgeson.
        It's all the same someone attacked a cop. Male or female.

Comment

Seems to be suicide by cop to me.

Comment

Sad deal all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              The world is getting crazy. If we want a better life in not so crazy world. Well, then you have to start killing the crazy. I did not watch the video. I only glanced at some of the post. I'm sure the cops at first thought the same as most men would. She's a 17 yr old girl. What can she do.

It's funny how some on here are saying how they fill sorry for her. Cops should have handled differnt, but your the same ones that thought the cop did his job at furgeson.
              Yep.....young black male....we'd be all over that "Thug"!

Attack a LEO, prepare to die

Comment

I feel sorry for her family, the girl definitely had some issues.

While I don't believe it was handled perfectly I do believe it was acceptable. He obviously screwed up by not cuffing her after he took her down. I think if it would have been someone else perceived as more dangerous he would have cuffed her.

I'm curious as to what the issue was with the tazer.

Comment

this is just bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post

Did you really just compare the Ferguson shoot to this one? That is why we have issues now. Each case is different and requires a different approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      I feel sorry for her family, the girl definitely had some issues.

While I don't believe it was handled perfectly I do believe it was acceptable. He obviously screwed up by not cuffing her after he took her down. I think if it would have been someone else perceived as more dangerous he would have cuffed her.

I'm curious as to what the issue was with the tazer.
                      I'm not going to get into the arguments here but I will speak to the Taser question. Those things only function properly about 70% of the time and that's on a good day. Even Taser International admits to a high failure rate.

Comment

We will continue to see more and more of this -- folks with mental/emotional problems that need hospitalization and treatment that are treated in an ER and released back onto the streets. Many of the old state psychiatric mental hospitals have closed and to get someone confined seems to take a court order and determination that they are a danger to themselves or others, and judges seem reluctant to make that call. And, it is a short step/trip from OK to NOT OK.

And the heartbreak for the family and friends is unimaginable.

Just my opinion however.
                        Last edited by dustoffer; 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          Not a good shoot from what I observed. It could have been handled much differently.
                          Huh? This was just as good of a shoot as any of the most recent ones in the media. She charged with a knife. Got what was coming to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            I am going to guess she may have been persuasive in getting him to let her get back up. We weren't there, they were, time will tell.
                            Decisions people make
                            1) Butcher knife taken into police office
                            2) righting ( I have a gun ) on your hand & showing officer in police office
                            3) Add the top 2 decisions together = disaster
                            Tragic for the officers involved and for the family of the girl.

It's hard to tell a lot from the video. It's easy to second guess after the fact, but I'm curious why she wasn't cuffed, as well. Regardless of age or gender, she allegedly already "announced" (via writing on her hand) that she had a gun, so I'm not sure why the officer would have allowed her to get back up before he determined, without a doubt, that she did or didn't have a gun. It seems obvious she still had the knife, as well. Once she charged again, of course, I believe they took the only available action.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

This vid is 5 minutes, the original unedited version is 25 minutes. Havent seen it and have no clue what went down.

In my opinion, not LEO educated, regardless of whether or not he handcuffed her or not, she made a threatening move which required swift action to protect his life and those around him. Perhaps with that big trench coat on he couldnt get to his cuffs if they were on his belt, I dont know. Unfortunately my guestimate is that if he would have handcuffed her she might still be alive today. That's not placing blame for her death on the officer, just a potential outcome of a different chain of events. Hindsight is 20/20... we dont know what all was said, just the video, and if you think a video is without sound gives you the whole picture then just watch the NFL bad lip reading clips - whole different perspective when you can hear and see the truth.

Prayers up for these officers and the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                Yes. Jmho She did not attack The LEO. He can't handle a 17 year old girl? Yes, I have issue as I saw no aggression from her.
                                No aggression from her? We must have been watching separate videos or you're taking the stance she was running at the officer for a big ole hug.

Comment

Working...
                                X