17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
    I have no idea why in the world that officer did not cuff her when she was on the ground...

BUT let's be perfectly clear here, being cuffed/not cuffed is not what got this girl killed...lunging towards an officer with a weapon is what got this girl killed plain and simple...and the only one who made that choice was her...
    bingo

Comment

there are no words. and for those of you who think she "deserved" it.....well there are no words for that either. prayers sent for that girls family

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Speedgoat I'm 6'04 and weigh in a little over 245 usually and run sub 15% bf. Had it handed to me one night by a 15 year old 90# highly motivated young lady. I don't handcuff by myself because if they change mind with one cuff on they are swinging a nasty weapon. I'll look for some pics of an open cuff that entered beside the eye and ripped to the ear. Sad deal for everyone but I don't see anything wrong with Officers actions
        There's a lot of difference in motivation between the officer and the deceased. The deceased was motivated to die that day and was doing everything in her power to make that happen. The officer was probably doing everything he could NOT to hurt her. Big difference in exertion levels and willpower IMO. That officer did not know what he was up against initially or my guess is he would have went about things differently.

100% agree with you about handcuffing.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
          so this goes on for 25 minutes at the police station and only one cop responds? why didn't they send more cops when he had to subdue her the first time? I'm not saying he was wrong in shooting her eventually but i do question a lot about what took place before the shooting.
          My thoughts exactly....where was everyone? Why did it take so long for another person to show up

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
            i WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME OF you react in real time to a similar situation. Not a make beleave or what if. Anyone can second guess a situation. I have been there and done that. Had a mental subject with a knife show up at the office. I gets real real fast.
            Prayers up for the officers and parents.
            The difference between "US" and this officer is he is TRAINED to handle such situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch914 View Post
              The difference between "US" and this officer is he is TRAINED to handle such situations.
              And he used his training.

Comment

People, let's not try this in an open forum. I would bet more than half the people posting have never been in an all out fight for their life, and those that have know at times "it's kill or be killed" mentality that these people have....

I've had to arrest some small people in my day and back in the day when I was in good shape, at 235 pounds, I was always glad to have assistance from other officers.

With all this said, sad situation for ALL involved.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  so this goes on for 25 minutes at the police station and only one cop responds? why didn't they send more cops when he had to subdue her the first time? I'm not saying he was wrong in shooting her eventually but i do question a lot about what took place before the shooting.
                  The total video was 25 minutes long. From the time he made contact with her until shots were fired was about 4 minutes, nothing went on for 25 minutes with only 1 cop responding. It looks like the initial officer and 2 more made the scene, 3 total, in less than 4 minutes. That's not a bad response time. It's not great but it's not bad either.

Originally posted by Mitch914 View Post
                  My thoughts exactly....where was everyone? Why did it take so long for another person to show up
                  As already stated, it depends on where the other officers were when the call came out. Maybe they were a couple of miles away from the station and it took a couple of minutes to get there.

Comment

17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

I sure hope the officers don't get indicted because if the trial was held on TBH they would get the death penalty based on some of the post from you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      I can't see crap on the video, but I'm betting the taser had a lot to do with him getting off of her and not handcuffing. Taser is a good way to get killed (reaching for it when you should reach for your gun). I understand the need for intermediate steps in the use of force ladder, but when you hesitate trying to decide between pepper spray, baton, taser, you can find yourself ventilated by lead projectiles or knife blades.
                      Very true !

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        I have a child with issues. It's a constant battle to make sure he takes his meds, measure his temperament, respond accordingly to diffuse his anxiety. I pray constantly that he never gets in a bad situation like this. Depression, anxiety and mental illness is real. Many parents (like me) don't want to admit their child has these issues early on and it delays getting them help. The child may perceive this as a parent not caring or lose trust in the parent. Soon a hole is dug so deep the person feels like they are hopeless and helpless to ever be "right". It's taken me over three years to regain that trust and help get my child back to a somewhat stable behavior pattern. There is a lot of guilt on my part knowing if I had acted six years sooner he would be a lot further ahead. I can't imagine the guilt and loss this girls parents feel.

The people here saying "she got what she deserved" must have questionable intellect. The shooting was definitely justifiable. But that doesn't mean "she got what she deserved". It means she didn't get what she needed and her mental illness turned out to be fatal. It's sad for her family. It's sad for the officers. But for her, I pray her demons are silenced and she can rest in peace.
                        Very well said.

Comment

JUST SAYIN...

Roxanne Rimer is accused of stealing a cop car and leading police on a nearly 10-mile chase — all while wearing handcuffs.

A police cruiser's dash-cam caught a handcuffed woman's 10-mile high-speed drive outside Pittsburgh after she crawled through the partition and took control of the car.

Investigators say a Pennsylvania woman who was detained on shoplifting suspicions somehow managed to climb through a police cruiser’s glass partition and speed away while she was handcuffed.
                          Last edited by Artos; 01-30-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X