No announcement yet.

17 yr old Texas Girl Shot By Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not handled very well by the cop in the trench coat. He had opportunity to cuff her several times and looked like he started to when he was on top of her after he slammed her to the floor. Not judging since I was not there but I think it could have been handled differently with a better outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I think he slammed her on the ground and figured since she was just a 17 yr old girl she got the point at that time so didn't put her in cuffs. He told her to don't move, stay on the ground etc etc. She did for a short time till other officers entered the building and then...well, she got up and went after em with a knife. All speculation on my end.

Either way, some end good and some end badly. Prayers on the way up for all involved.
      I was thinking along the same lines.

I think we would all like police involved shootings to be this clear cut deal where the bad guy has weapon drawn, officer's life is mere moments from endangerment. It happens that way on TV. Unfortunately real life is more bang bang than that.

She was obviously in mental anguish. Whether it was suicide by cop due to depression, drugs, or some form of mental illness/possession.

In my opinion the bottom line is she entered a police station willingly, made a threat and was armed. Not many situations with those conditions that don't end up with that person dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        Why not put her in handcuffs during the several times he had her subdued in the char and while on the ground? I have top respect for LEO's, but this guy was an idiot
        I am going to guess she may have been persuasive in getting him to let her get back up. We weren't there, they were, time will tell.
        Decisions people make
        1) Butcher knife taken into police office
        2) righting ( I have a gun ) on your hand & showing officer in police office
        3) Add the top 2 decisions together = disaster

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          I am going to guess she may have been persuasive in getting him to let her get back up. We weren't there, they were, time will tell.
          Decisions people make
          1) Butcher knife taken into police office
          2) righting ( I have a gun ) on your hand & showing officer in police office
          3) Add the top 2 decisions together = disaster
          Not to mention that she charged him with the knife.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Not to mention that she charged him with the knife.

She definitely was going after him.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
              This is going to be another Tony Stewart thread.
              It's practically guaranteed.

Comment

Dumb actions have dumb outcomes. I have sympathy for her family but her death is a direct result from her bad choices. We can split hairs on how the cop should've react and why didn't he cuff her but bottomline is that she tried to kill him (possibly others if she got past him) and she created her own destiny.

Comment

Why did the big guy not cuff her when he had her on the ground? She was definitely charging them and the cops are justified but I don't understand not cuffing her when she was already subdued

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                    Wow that's crazy. Maybe she was possessed..
                    kind of seems that way i think.

very strange thought that that big ol' cop couldn't subdue her until backup came.

Comment

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                      Suicide by cop
                      My first thought after reading the article.

Comment

Pretty sure she received the outcome she desired and that's unfortunate. We obviously weren't there and so I won't speculate on the officer's decision to let her up without handcuffing her when he had the chance. Given the opportunity again, I'm sure he wished he would have. Sad deal all the way around....but totally justified shooting IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                          Dumb actions have dumb outcomes. I have sympathy for her family but her death is a direct result from her bad choices. We can split hairs on how the cop should've react and why didn't he cuff her but bottomline is that she tried to kill him (possibly others if she got past him) and she created her own destiny.
                          thank you! Sad deal but she deserved it for her stupid actions.

I am very curious why the officers did not cuff her and why they did not check her for weapons in the first place?
                          Last edited by gingib; 01-29-2015, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                            Why did the big guy not cuff her when he had her on the ground? She was definitely charging them and the cops are justified but I don't understand not cuffing her when she was already subdued
                            X2

Comment

I think she got what she wanted...maybe more

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                Not a good shoot from what I observed. It could have been handled much differently.
                                really? unbelievable.

of course it could have been handled much differently, just like you could have went to whataburger instead of mcdonalds for lunch, or got gas at exxon instead of shell.

you are military, right? thats the exact reason for a debrief after an incident, to see what could have been done differently/better.

the armchair qb's on here drive me crazy, although i enjoy the entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X