Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEO/Fire/EMS (funny things you've learned that you didn't think you would)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I granted a divorce one night to a crackhead couple that kept fighting. On the third call out to their house I pulled out my penal code from the trunk and "by the powers vested in me by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education and the governor of the state of Texas, I now pronounce you divorced". The man came up and shook and my hand and the lady looked at me and cried. Never got a call back there.
    Have used a keymap a few times. I was really surprised how many nurses put themselves through nursing school being prostitutes.

Comment

If you really want to see how stupid many people are, direct traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by icecoldtexan View Post
        I have learned that cops will not be there when you need them. You have to take care of yourself. Cops will arrive later to write report.
        To busy running calls for things people should take care of themselves. Barking dog, neighbors music too loud, neighbors car parked legally infront of their house, neighbor didnt bring in his trash can, false alarms, can go on and on, and welcome to TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by texcop153 View Post
          Back when I was in patrol, my favorite call was the Mom that called in because her kid would not get up and go to school. Really Lady?
          We usually get at least once a week, "My 10 year old won't take a bath" or "I told my daughter to wash dishes and she won't do it", etc.

And worse, they actually expect you to show up and be the parent.

Comment

I have learned that cops will not be there when you need them. You have to take care of yourself. Cops will arrive later to write report.
            Well Duh. Who relies on the government to take care of them? You a democrat?

Comment

One night I had a fresh drunk college grad decide that the highway patrol was doing a very poor job directing traffic. He proceeded to do a "better job then them" He could not figure out why he was getting arrested for helping.

Every kid that parties, does drugs, and acts like an idiot is a criminal justice major.

The protect and serve on the side of a patrol car means you are a taxi when someone asks for one, no matter what.

A drunk NEVER remembers the next day!

Comment

Little known fact, if there is a house fire after midnight most of the firefighters are probably not wearing pants under that bunker gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
                  Yeah, and right after these people call, dispatch STILL sends us on this bs. SMH...
                  The problem is, in my city, if you want an officer yoy get an officer. We aren't allowed to say no.

Comment

That's your 5th post. Your off to a good start.....

Comment

At nursing home calls, once you can round up a "nurse", they are never the patients primary "nurse", just returned from vacation, or it's their first day.

The look of confusion when ems walks into a nursing home and fixes the patients problem in a matter of seconds due too poor care or no knowledge of what's actually going on, and they still want the patient transported!

A "mouth breather" told me one time while transporting him to the hospital for his BS complaint that it would be better if his leg was amputated for some reason cause then he would be legitimately disabled and could collect disability cause he's lazy and wants the government to take care of him, he actually said it!

the fine citizens of Fort worth seem to know when me and my partner get rail head BBQ, cause we have never gotten railhead and been able to eat it while it's still warm!

So many more.... so little time!

Comment

i learned during my EMT clinical rotations that the red thermometers are for rectal temps and the blue are for oral. i was using the red one all day. one of the nurses asked me what I was doin. i said, " i was told to take vitals for the exiting patients." she asked, "who showed u how to do a rectal temp?" i told her i wasn't doing rectal, I was doing oral. thats when she laughed and said, "red is for rectal!" no wonder everybody had such a funny look on there faces when i was takin their temps!

Comment

why did you need the police?

There are a lot of places I can go with this statement.

Comment

I don't know if you realize this or not, but the phrase "To Protect and Serve" was coined by the LAPD back in the 80's as their motto. A Cops job ACTUALLY, is not to protect and serve, BUT to enforce the law, hence "Law Enforcement Officer." That's what society pays us for, to SERVE society by enforcing society's laws.

You see the Texas Penal Code chapter 9.31 through 9.43 grants you the right to protect yourself, your property or a third person or their property. The protection of your life and your property is on you bud. When a crime is committed against you, I show up and enforce the law by starting the paperwork necessary to enforce it. Cops 95% of the time are reactionary and will show up and take the report and start an investigation because that is their job.

Fire doesn't put out fires before they happen, and EMS doesn't bandage up a busted leg unless it's busted. Police enforce the law, 95% of the time it's reactionary, just like every other public servant.

And as BTB said, you're off to a wonderful start here on TBH.
                            Last edited by UltraMax; 11-12-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMaxNCV View Post
                              I don't know if you realize this or not, but the phrase "To Protect and Serve" was coined by the LAPD back in the 80's as their motto. A Cops job ACTUALLY, is not to protect and serve, BUT to enforce the law, hence "Law Enforcement Officer." That's what society pays us for, to SERVE society by enforcing society's laws.

You see the Texas Penal Code chapter 9.31 through 9.43 grants you the right to protect yourself, your property or a third person or their property. The protection of your life and your property is on you bud. When a crime is committed against you, I show up and enforce the law by starting the paperwork necessary to enforce it. Cops 95% of the time are reactionary and will show up and take the report and start an investigation because that is their job.

Fire doesn't put out fires before they happen, and EMS doesn't bandage up a busted leg unless it's busted. Police enforce the law, 95% of the time it's reactionary, just like every other public servant.

And as BTB said, you're off to a wonderful start here on TBH.

Well said. I always laugh when people say WHERE WERE THE POLICE WHEN MY HOUSE GOT BROKEN INTO?

DUh...making other psychic predictions for people that wanted to know when they were going to wreck their car.

Comment

I've learned that even though we bust each other's balls on a constant basis. Cops need the firemen and we need the cops. No matter what we are on the same team.

Comment

Working...
                                X