Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEO/Fire/EMS (funny things you've learned that you didn't think you would)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
    Yep. You feel like a blue falcon while you're wishing that it's not in your district as the call comes out, especially if there's paper.
    Bingo

Comment

I've learned that Murphy's Law was specifically meant for police and deer hunters. If something can go wrong, it will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

I've learned that a crappy call is MUCH better to hear as long as it didn't happen on MY shift.

I have seen some hilarious stuff while inventorying a vehicle....we had a new guy who was doing a consent search on a female's vehicle. She was sitting on the curb right by the trunk watching the officer. He says, "Hey Sarge, I found a glass pipe." The Sgt looked at what he had in his hands and was like , Sgt said, "Well put your mouth on it and see if you can push air through it...." As the rook lifted it up, the female shouted, "NO!!!!! That's NOT a pipe!!!!"

It was a glass female pleasuring device. Lol
      Put your mouth on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Z7_Matt View Post
        Put your mouth on it!

Lol

Comment

ive learned it is alot easier to get drunk people into handcuffs if you tell them the last sobriety test is to spread their legs, look up and close their eyes, put their hands behind their back and count to twenty......works every time.

Ive also learned that if you get a crown vic anything over 60mph you better hold on for dear life because the steering wheel will shake uncontrollably and simultaneously get a pretty nice massage lol

Comment

I've learned that... College educated people aren't always intelligent
            Including folks in fire/ police/ ems

Comment

--Ive learned that wrecker drivers (most) have the IQ and thought process of a grain of sand.

--Supervisors with limited patrol experience are always the first to gripe about what you just did

--People in the hood nearly always use "what had happened wuz..." to start a story and will even write it in a statement

--Its faster to get some place without lights and sirens

--Folks will call for the most outlandish things and demand for you to show up

Comment

ive also learned the easiest way to break up a fight is to lay on the siren about a block out. by the time you get there it will be a ghost town

Comment

In my short 3 years of experience Ive learned most of those things already stated and that.... when you get a tone for robbery in progress at 0330 AM and take a LARGE dip in the road doing 96mph your car will get air. And after getting to said house the robbery was only a very vivid dream.... but it makes for a great video to watch

Comment

I've learned that loose cowboy hats fly off during a foot pursuit, but somehow stayed on my head during a ground fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fwblue View Post
                      Ive also learned that if you get a crown vic anything over 60mph you better hold on for dear life because the steering wheel will shake uncontrollably and simultaneously get a pretty nice massage lol
                      Sounds like a maintenance issue. Had them at 120+ many times in the past without that issue (8+ years ago).

Comment

The Murphy's Law of entering a runaway/missing juvenile: as soon as you hit Transmit, that juvenile will immediately be located.

As a dispatcher, I'm pretty sure officers are just there to test my patience.

There is a direct correlation between an officer walking into dispatch and saying "Wow it sure is quiet!" and how much the rest of his day will suck. (Just kidding, but it will cause us to yell at him)

People will call 911 for:
                        -a spider OUTSIDE the bathroom window if they can't reach their exterminator
                        -neighbors watering when they aren't supposed to be during water restrictions
                        -more dumb reasons than you could ever imagine!

Comment

It never failed when I was working as a paramedic, I need a shower just as soon as I get in the shower a was lathered up, the tones would come in. Many a time I went on a call in the jump suit commando.......... On one such call the seat of my jump suit ripped. Thank God my gf was on her way to work in the er, she went back to the house and got me another jumpsuit.......

Comment

I've learned that Murphy's Law was specifically meant for police and deer hunters. If something can go wrong, it will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

I've learned that a crappy call is MUCH better to hear as long as it didn't happen on MY shift.

I have seen some hilarious stuff while inventorying a vehicle....we had a new guy who was doing a consent search on a female's vehicle. She was sitting on the curb right by the trunk watching the officer. He says, "Hey Sarge, I found a glass pipe." The Sgt looked at what he had in his hands and was like , Sgt said, "Well put your mouth on it and see if you can push air through it...." As the rook lifted it up, the female shouted, "NO!!!!! That's NOT a pipe!!!!"

It was a glass female pleasuring device. Lol
                            Lol too funny

Comment

5 patrol cars, 2 ambulances, 1 fire truck, 1 totaled smart car, a non drivable 4 door truck and an 18 wheeler laying on said smart car. Highway completely shut down waiting on Air evac! A "person" pulls up to my patrol car "Ummm is the highway closed for a reason?" Umm nope, we do this on every 5th Tuesday of the month just out of sheer boredom.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntinJunkie View Post
                                5 patrol cars, 2 ambulances, 1 fire truck, 1 totaled smart car, a non drivable 4 door truck and an 18 wheeler laying on said smart car. Highway completely shut down waiting on Air evac! A "person" pulls up to my patrol car "Ummm is the highway closed for a reason?" Umm nope, we do this on every 5th Tuesday of the month just out of sheer boredom.
                                Priceless!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X