Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEO/Fire/EMS (funny things you've learned that you didn't think you would)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much to add but my wife works in the ER. I always look forward to the stories when she gets off of shift.
    Y'all stay safe out there!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      i learned during my EMT clinical rotations that the red thermometers are for rectal temps and the blue are for oral. i was using the red one all day. one of the nurses asked me what I was doin. i said, " i was told to take vitals for the exiting patients." she asked, "who showed u how to do a rectal temp?" i told her i wasn't doing rectal, I was doing oral. thats when she laughed and said, "red is for rectal!" no wonder everybody had such a funny look on there faces when i was takin their temps!
      Thats funny!

Comment

If you drink a 32 ounce Gatorade it probably is not going to be adequate to use as a emergency urinal when your stuck at a scene

Comment

Women will hide a crackpipe ANYWHERE

Comment

@PSD Ryan. Nice avatar pic!!!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                Women will hide a crackpipe ANYWHERE
                And the bag of crack and pills with it

Comment

Well I have learned that if you work in the same area for an extended period of time you and the frequent fliers are usually on a first name basis with one another.

I still cannot figure out why someone holding any amount if dope on them would give you consent to search them or their vehicle. It happens all the time.

When someone says they know their rights, they usually don't and should choose to remain silent but again they don't.

No I do not have to read Miranda to you after placing you under arrest, unless I am going to question you about said offense.

A woman is more likely to fight you than a man if she is the one going to jail for domestic violence.

Comment

women can have more bodily hair then men, and while in the nude dancing to Madonnas' "dress you up" still can be the scariest scene on a public sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      When you get a call about a naked woman standing in traffic, every unit will respond.

Naked woman usually looks like this:

When dispatching police to a naked subject and the officer asked for the subject's description...

911 call from a guy who says there is a tarantula OUTSIDE his daughters bathroom window and he can't reach his exterminator, so can you please send Animal Control?

Comment

I got a call in a fancy neighborhood one night. Wild animal with rabies in the back yard. The guy was a dentist (dentists, doctors, pilots have a way of letting you know what they do). He shows me to the back sliding glass door and warns me to be careful, that the animal charged him and chased him back into the house. I'm thinking rabid coon, 'yote, bobcat. I find a possum sitting on the fence cross board just staring at me. I shine my light at him and he hisses a little. I blind him with the light, grab his tail, and chunk him over the fence. I walk back in the house and tell the guy that I think the family will be safe for a while. He mumbles something about needing to get a better flashlight and shows me to the door. Dang city folk.

Comment

I have learned alot over the years, some for the better, some for the worse.

That my brothers and sisters will stand with me no matter what the circumstances, when Im at my lowest, they will be there to lift me back up.

No matter how much you train, there is always something more to learn.

Comment

Working...
                          X