Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    Different place...but I'm feeding the crows 300#. I can see crows for a long ways in every direction. No deer, no bobcats (which is odd considering the wind), nothing.
    I hear crows around couple other set ups but i haven't seen one where I am setting this morning.

You will have some fat crows to hunt when season is over.

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

Well, I'm back in my stand for this evening's hunt. Hopefully something will show!

Comment

Well the 25.06 is shooting true. It was just user error last night.

Comment

Wind is perfect and I'm in the tree. We'll see if anything shows.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24415085

I ended up killing one of our target bucks at 9 o'clock. His antlers are huge but he's an old, mature deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                [ATTACH]754988[/ATTACH]

I ended up killing one of our target bucks at 9 o'clock. His antlers are huge but he's an old, mature deer.

Nice buck. Pretty shaped rack.

Comment

I took this 9 point this morning. When I hit him he bucked back into a leg and knocked my feeder over and broke the motor off. That's some crazy stuff right there. I guess that's his way of saying screw you for killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    [ATTACH]754988[/ATTACH]

Y'all's deer definitely have the brow tines on them.

Comment

Well I did 3 hunts in Jasper co., pretty slow there, so now im in Polk co.this evening just trying to see some of these bucks we have on camera. .

Comment

I'm here waiting. I told a guy in camp I was gonna shoot the first legal deer I see so I have some meat. He kinda got mad and said he would never do that. His spot is about 400 yards from me. Oes anybody else shoot does opening week

Comment

Killed In east texas(Athens,Baxter area)10 ten point, smacked at 46 yards

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                            I'm here waiting. I told a guy in camp I was gonna shoot the first legal deer I see so I have some meat. He kinda got mad and said he would never do that. His spot is about 400 yards from me. Oes anybody else shoot does opening week
                            Absolutely. Never fails, if I pass on a doe, I'm cursing myself for it on Thanksgiving weekend. Though, I absolutely will not shoot a yearling. Two years ago, on opening morning, I shot the larger of two does. Waiting to see if she'd get up, I saw the other standing at the treeline, telling the other to "Get up!" So I took her too. Filled both tags in 15 seconds. I was on cloud nine.

Comment

Originally posted by texasmade View Post
                              I took this 9 point this morning. When I hit him he bucked back into a leg and knocked my feeder over and broke the motor off. That's some crazy stuff right there. I guess that's his way of saying screw you for killing me.

HAHAHAHA I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing if that happened to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                                HAHAHAHA I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing if that happened to me!!
                                It was pretty funny, a little surreal. The feeder reared up on two legs and almost balanced perfectly for what seemed like an eternity before it finally went over. I think I may have been saying out loud no no no no no and then when it hit the ground it probably sound like a bomb going off to some nearby hunters. Still had about 200 pounds of corn and protein in it. The plastic mounting bracket on the Moultrie motor snapped and the funnel went crooked.

Comment

Working...
                                X