East Texas Hunters Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thewelder View Post
    2diffrent scrape lines worked early this morning in Slocum Texas. Maybe things are starting to pickup
    This was only my second year hunting Anderson County but last year the rut seemed to be in full swing the second week of the season. This year it's been at least a week behind that. Saw plenty of bucks this past weekend and into Monday so they definitely seemed to be on the move.

Comment

Originally posted by thewelder View Post
      2diffrent scrape lines worked early this morning in Slocum Texas. Maybe things are starting to pickup
      Your killing me. I hunt a stone throws away.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        This was only my second year hunting Anderson County but last year the rut seemed to be in full swing the second week of the season. This year it's been at least a week behind that. Saw plenty of bucks this past weekend and into Monday so they definitely seemed to be on the move.
        Agreed, I didn't see the same action I saw last year on correlating dates. It's late this year.

Comment

Cass County update anyone, especially the Linden area? I'm probably headed out this weekend.

Comment

Any west Hardin Co rut report

Comment

Congrats to all you east Texas boys! Some great deer hitting the ground this year!

Comment

Well a friend of mine got it done here in east Texas on Sunday afternoon. A buck of a lifetime. Just a small family piece of land. Deer has been scored multiple times. All scores come back in the mid 170's.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                  Well a friend of mine got it done here in east Texas on Sunday afternoon. A buck of a lifetime. Just a small family piece of land. Deer has been scored multiple times. All scores come back in the mid 170's.
                  Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. We have been hunting that deer for years with lots of history with him. Congrats to your buddy, that's a great deer! It also helps to have large mld 3 neighbors.

Comment

Here's your buddy's deer in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                      Sometimes you just have to be in the right place at the right time. We have been hunting that deer for years with lots of history with him. Congrats to your buddy, that's a great deer! It also helps to have large mld 3 neighbors.
                      That has to sting a little. Great attitude. Heck of a buck.

Comment

Here's your buddy's deer in 2012.
                        man he was a stud then

Comment

Incredible buck ! Congrats to the lucky hunter. Was he taken in Smith county ?

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
                            Incredible buck ! Congrats to the lucky hunter. Was he taken in Smith county ?
                            Rusk

Comment

Ouch that's how it goes sometimes..

Comment

He checked his camera Saturday afternoon after hunting another spot. These dreams on there a couple times. He had never seen it before. He went to the stand Sunday morning. He got busted at first light by a couple does due to wrong wind. He climbed down went and re washed his clothes and showered. He grabbed the pop up and set it up with a good wind around 2:00, poured out some doe pee and the rest is history

Comment

Working...
                                X