A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Ok.... Question. Varys hears the bells after he makes sure Tyrion has made it on the boat. He turns around and is now sitting on the boat ready to leave. I get that he obviously knows he can't go back there by his actions but why is that?. Why can't he?. Is he afraid it will get out he helped Tyrion with the escape ... Afraid Jamie will frame him?... Can somebody answer this without spoiling next season?
    It was pretty obvious he helped Tyrions escape. He had access to the dungeons and has always been in the imps corner, dispite testifying against him in his trial. I don't know if Jamie would have framed him, but he would have been the scapegoat for sure. Cersie would have had his head rolling down the street. Even if he stayed he would have had to go into hiding or die. When he heard the bells ring it was obvious to him that Tyrion had done something very bad and he mage the decision to go with him.

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
    What is Varys? Is he Dothraki? No, is he from the 7 kingdoms? No, so what is he? Where does his allegiance lie?

Lotsa nerds at the Forum of Fire and Ice think he's a Targaryen. I really don't know and it has not been revealed in the books, so I don't think it's a spoiler as there is no proof. I just get the vibe he's a supporter of Daenerys.
    Varys is from one of the free cities of Essos, I believe Bravos. As he has stated many times, Varys serves the realm(7 kindoms). Personally, I think he has good intentions. I think of him as the anti-Peter Baelish.

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
    If Tyrion didn't do the double murder on his way out , I guess his plan was to stay.

I'm probably going to by next seasons book, A Feast for Crows.
    hmmmmm......Might be a little mind boggling to start on book 4. I guess you could but there will be a lot going on that you will not have a clue about. I suggest starting at the beginning. Also, the show is not following the books in real time. Season 4 was in books 3,4 and 5.

Comment

A Game Of Thrones

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
      It was pretty obvious he helped Tyrions escape. He had access to the dungeons and has always been in the imps corner, dispite testifying against him in his trial. I don't know if Jamie would have framed him, but he would have been the scapegoat for sure. Cersie would have had his head rolling down the street. Even if he stayed he would have had to go into hiding or die. When he heard the bells ring it was obvious to him that Tyrion had done something very bad and he mage the decision to go with him.
      Of course it was obvious he helped him escape. He was walking with him..

Really though. I guess I need to be more clear. He was returning before the bells. He left after the bells. Either way the imp is escaping. Why he felt more safe before the bells and Tywins death is beyond me if we thought he was going to be blamed for the imp's escape anyway.

Are you suggesting he was going to go into hiding at Kings Landing when he was returning before the bells tolled? That's not much of a life just to save an Imp.

It almost seems as this was all a master plan of Cersei and Jamie since Tywin was forcing them to do things they didn't want to do but that's a WAG..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Of course it was obvious he helped him escape. He was walking with him..

Really though. I guess I need to be more clear. He was returning before the bells. He left after the bells. Either way the imp is escaping. Why he felt more safe before the bells and Tywins death is beyond me if we thought he was going to be blamed for the imp's escape anyway.

Are you suggesting he was going to go into hiding at Kings Landing when he was returning before the bells tolled? That's not much of a life just to save an Imp.

It almost seems as this was all a master plan of Cersei and Jamie since Tywin was forcing them to do things they didn't want to do but that's a WAG..
        As far as Varys goes, this went down differently in the books. So keep in mind, I'm speculating just like you are. I think the bells ringing, which announces the death of someone with great importance, made Vary's change his plans and decide to get the heck out of town asap. If Tyrion didn't kill Tywin, he may of had till morning to execute his original plan. Either way, yes Varys life was changed forever. He put his life at risk for the imp.

No way on the Cersie/Jaimie scandal. She wants the imp dead and will continue to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
          As far as Varys goes, this went down differently in the books. So keep in mind, I'm speculating just like you are. I think the bells ringing, which announces the death of someone with great importance, made Vary's change his plans and decide to get the heck out of town asap. If Tyrion didn't kill Tywin, he may of had till morning to execute his original plan. Either way, yes Varys life was changed forever. He put his life at risk for the imp.

No way on the Cersie/Jaimie scandal. She wants the imp dead and will continue to do so.

OK....I can roll with that..

Comment

It's a rough recording of the trailer, but here you go for Season 5...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMKhdDlKHNE]Season 5[/ame]

Comment

I'm ready!

Comment

Winter is coming, but April isn't coming fast enough!

Comment

Can't freaking wait!!!!

Comment

I can't wait either. I finally decided to read the books and I am on the last available book right now. It's awesome!

Comment

Next Sunday on Hbo is a behind the scene 30 minute documentary of the making of the tv show. Definitely have it marked to watch.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

great series!

Comment

I'm ready for it to return.

Comment

I am so ready!!!

Comment

Martin drops another chapter from "The Winds Of Winter". This time from Sansa's (Alayne's) POV.

By the time the next book drops, I'm going to have to reread the entire series so I can remember what in the world is going on....

Comment

Working...
                                X