Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok here is a great point...

Why is it such a big deal that Marcella is in Dorne?

Not cause she is Cercys daughter, that's not a real reason... that's just her greed, but why is it a big deal that Tirian sent her down there?

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
      Ok here is a great point...

Why is it such a big deal that Marcella is in Dorne?

Not cause she is Cercys daughter, that's not a real reason... that's just her greed, but why is it a big deal that Tirian sent her down there?
      Because the mountain killed the Dorrnish Prince, and also the Prince's sister on Tywin's orders, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
        Just saw this thread and you hit the nail on the head 2 years ago. This thing got off the rails by the 2nd or 3rd book and I lost interest....

I haven't seen the HBO series but kinda figured the author was milking the cable cash cow by the third book and now I couldn't care less how the story ends (if it ever does.)
        Bet you never read, or at least never finished;

The wheel of time,
        or the sword of truth(not EVEN in the same ball park but a good example)
        Maybe the Harry potters, they aren't written for the same crowd...
        basically anything longer than the base books of the Lord of the Rings?

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
          Because the mountain killed the Dorrnish Prince, and also the Prince's sister on Tywin's orders, right?
          I believe so and Circey doesnt want them to kill her daughter to get back at them since she already lost you know who.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
            Close, that is wrapped up in it... Tirian was trying to mend a wound... but why was it such a beautiful bit of politics?

Think of "the game of thrones" like literally as a game, like it is shown in the books... think lines of succesion

Comment

Cercei is just so fun to hate. That actor is really great in the role.

Comment

Close, that is wrapped up in it... Tirian was trying to mend a wound... but why was it such a beautiful bit of politics?

Think of "the game of thrones" like literally as a game, like it is shown in the books... think lines of succesion
                She sees a conspiracy behind every move. I'm sure she thinks Tyrion was doing something nefarious in league with the Dornish, maybe? I don't remember the books really, it's been a long time since I've read them.

Comment

ok bored waiting for a response....

In Dorne, the line of succession goes by the age of the child OF EITHER GENDER... They have no issues with a woman inheriting.

SOOO by Dornish law, Marcella is the next in line to the throne of the 7 kingdoms (well in the public eye, I mean the whole incest thing aside...)

So Tirian issured that is something happened that a LANISTER was set on the throne NOW and if Dorne somehow took over Marcella had a direct line to the throne by Dornish law and couldn't be arbitrarily outed as a pretender... It makes Marcella's marriage much much more valuable...

but you gotta read the books to catch that and that's not even to mention some of the more small things...

Comment

I capitulated trying to keep up.
                    My wife hasn't, she loves it.
                    This weeks episode was good but I've quit speculating and asking questions.

I confess, I'd like to have a dragon.
                    A little female dragon that listens.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby Brown View Post
                      I've read all 5 book. It gets way better.
                      Yep, me too and I agree!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                        I capitulated trying to keep up.
                        My wife hasn't, she loves it.
                        This weeks episode was good but I've quit speculating and asking questions.

I confess, I'd like to have a dragon.
                        A little female dragon that listens.

Carry on.
                        that's like asking for a wife who listens.....

edit: listens and then OBEYS... mine listens then ignores...

Comment

Bet you never read, or at least never finished;

The wheel of time,
                          or the sword of truth(not EVEN in the same ball park but a good example)
                          Maybe the Harry potters, they aren't written for the same crowd...
                          basically anything longer than the base books of the Lord of the Rings?
                          Good call, fantasy isn't really my primary interest in literature but I can appreciate a well written story. While I cannot comment on some of the others you mentioned, I would definitely argue that the author lost his direction by the third book of this series. The Tolkien series are classics as each title of the Lord of the Rings was able to not only stand alone, but also seamlessly blended with one another as well as The Hobbit. I must admit that The Silmarillion, edited by his son, held no interest for me as I was content with the climax of the story in The Return of the King.

Comment

Your loss.... big time, you get 200% more info and entertainment in the books imo... One thing I have started doing is books on tape from Audible.com... I don't have time to sit and read, but listening to them while I commute, or while I work in the yard is A-OK. Like a listening to good stories from grandpa

Deneries just really stalls out... Sansa at least has an excuse, she has to learn to be "courtly" basically... my guess is she has to learn how to outfox Circy.

... I got some theories and spoilers if your interested... but i'll try to stick with what has been on tv

I have no doubt that you are right 200%

Maybe it has been long enough that I can try again. Its been a couple of years. The second book starts out with Greyjoy?? and he bores me... even when he had to eat a sausage I was still bored with that story... but that did make me giggle.

Comment

There are just SO many threads in the stories that it is hard to keep track of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilgrim View Post
                                Good call, fantasy isn't really my primary interest in literature but I can appreciate a well written story. While I cannot comment on some of the others you mentioned, I would definitely argue that the author lost his direction by the third book of this series. The Tolkien series are classics as each title of the Lord of the Rings was able to not only stand alone, but also seamlessly blended with one another as well as The Hobbit. I must admit that The Silmarillion, edited by his son, held no interest for me as I was content with the climax of the story in The Return of the King.
                                Silmarillion is a die hards book... it is hard no DOUBT.... And then you start getting into some nit picky stuff and it monopolizes the race of mens part in the story...

I went back and reread all the Main titles of lord of the rings and honestly was very very disappointed... Wheel of time is better imo,

the series that honestly imo has the most potential to be the most epic fantasy/scifi of all time, is one that is currently only got 2 books in it...

look up "the stormlight archives" by Brandon Sanderson, SOO GOOD. The first book is "The Way of Kings" worth your time to read, and DEFINATLY a good listen too

Comment

Working...
                                X