Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo Hoo, tomorrow night!!!!

Comment

SCREW THE TV SERIES (ok i watch it but still) i WANT THE NEXT BOOK!

Comment

Screw the book. It ruins my TV

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Screw the book. It ruins my TV

Books are so 1890's.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

When will tonight's episode be available on HBO on demand?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                When will tonight's episode be available on HBO on demand?
                Go to shush.se I watched it the whole time I was deployed.

Comment

I read a few weeks ago that there will be many surprises this season for the book readers. Based on the first couple of shows, that info is spot on. Couple nip tucks, couple alterations and a couple fast forwards. Doesn't bother me, like I have stated before on this thread, makes it more interesting to watch.

The same article also confirmed what many have presumed. The TV series will finish before the books. We will ALL watch the end together, probably season 7-8.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    Martin drops another chapter from "The Winds Of Winter". This time from Sansa's (Alayne's) POV.

By the time the next book drops, I'm going to have to reread the entire series so I can remember what in the world is going on....
                    I know I will have to re-read DWD. The show skips so much.

Comment

ok I've read them all... and agree I will have to reread some for winds, prob just gona go back 2 books though...

THEY JACKED UP THE VOTE FOR LORD COMANDER BAD!!!!

it was NOTHING like it was in the book, I expected that to be 25% of THIS SEASONS story of John considering how they are slowing things down compared to the first 2 seasons... but man they didn't even MENTION the crows...

On another note, its gona start getting hard to do the dire wolves very well. they will get cheesier and cheesier.

the wilding fight with Stanus was fairly accurate, wasn't much of a fight really...

We are getting to the point in the series that I get very very annoyed at Deneries.... Martin has 2 keep her busy until she is ready to cross the sea... but her story line over the sea makes me want to bang my head against the wall

Comment

How about we talk about the books' present and future happenings somewhere else?..

Books ruin good TV..

Good episode this week. It was over before I knew it. Seemed like only 30 minutes worth.

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                          ok I've read them all... and agree I will have to reread some for winds, prob just gona go back 2 books though...

THEY JACKED UP THE VOTE FOR LORD COMANDER BAD!!!!

it was NOTHING like it was in the book, I expected that to be 25% of THIS SEASONS story of John considering how they are slowing things down compared to the first 2 seasons... but man they didn't even MENTION the crows...

On another note, its gona start getting hard to do the dire wolves very well. they will get cheesier and cheesier.

the wilding fight with Stanus was fairly accurate, wasn't much of a fight really...

We are getting to the point in the series that I get very very annoyed at Deneries.... Martin has 2 keep her busy until she is ready to cross the sea... but her story line over the sea makes me want to bang my head against the wall

I have not read past the first book. I have loved Deneries from the start, but Sunday she annoyed me. I am also very annoyed with Sansa... but then I've always been annoyed with her.
                          I tried to start reading the second book, but it starts out sooooo slllooowwwww, and the series is on every Sunday... so I just quit trying and stuck to TV. LOL

Comment

So who else has seen through episode #4 ?? I have but havent read the books I wont spoil it for anyone just curious if everyone knew they were leaked or not.

Let me clarify of this current season.
                            Last edited by Nado; 04-21-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dezigirl78 View Post
                              I have not read past the first book. I have loved Deneries from the start, but Sunday she annoyed me. I am also very annoyed with Sansa... but then I've always been annoyed with her.
                              I tried to start reading the second book, but it starts out sooooo slllooowwwww, and the series is on every Sunday... so I just quit trying and stuck to TV. LOL
                              Your loss.... big time, you get 200% more info and entertainment in the books imo... One thing I have started doing is books on tape from Audible.com... I don't have time to sit and read, but listening to them while I commute, or while I work in the yard is A-OK. Like a listening to good stories from grandpa

Deneries just really stalls out... Sansa at least has an excuse, she has to learn to be "courtly" basically... my guess is she has to learn how to outfox Circy.

... I got some theories and spoilers if your interested... but i'll try to stick with what has been on tv

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                                Anyone else reading/read this? I'd heard so much about it what with the HBO series and such that I downloaded it Tuesday while I was stuck in the airport in South Carolina.

So far, so good (I'm about 1/4 the way into it), but for a series spanning so many books the author better keep a tight storyline or this thing could go off the rails in a hurry.
                                Just saw this thread and you hit the nail on the head 2 years ago. This thing got off the rails by the 2nd or 3rd book and I lost interest....

I haven't seen the HBO series but kinda figured the author was milking the cable cash cow by the third book and now I couldn't care less how the story ends (if it ever does.)

Comment

Working...
                                X