No announcement yet.

A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arya is headed to Braavos. Since she could not go north, she figured she had to go some where away from the chaos, hence her heading off to Braavos.

Comment

Ok....assuming you read the books so thanks for the clarity...

Comment

LOL.......I never said it was horrible! It just was not epic for me........rated about a 7 out of 10.
        Last week the whole show was the wall with little downtime in action, but no attention to other characters. This week every possible scenario on earth with way too much downtime/slowtime for my personal liking.
        I will be watching in 9 months but this time not with baited breath...........as much!
        Originally posted by Aggiechick View Post
        Arya is headed to Braavos. Since she could not go north, she figured she had to go some where away from the chaos, hence her heading off to Braavos.
        Yep the coin is her passage to Braavos..........the short clip before the episode started reminded us about that exchange. I was surprised that she did not hook-up with the "big girl" that killed the hound though.

Comment

Here is a question I had.

The Hound and Arya got all the way to the gate of Vale and learned her aunt had passed. So why not go in and see her "next of kin" who had taken the throne for the silver trade for Arya...and then subsequently found our Sansa was there too. It didn't make any sense why they just turned around and left and the next scene was him taking a dump in the mountains where Brianne came upon them..
          Last edited by Smart; 06-16-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Yep the coin is her passage to Braavos..........the short clip before the episode started reminded us about that exchange. I was surprised that she did not hook-up with the "big girl" that killed the hound though.
            I remembered the coin being given to her earlier and the words, I just didn't realize it was to Braavos only.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Here is a question I had.

The Hound and Arya got all the way to the gate of Vale and learned her aunt had passed. So why not go in and see her "next of kin" who had taken the throne for the silver trade for Arya...and then subsequently found our Sansa was there too. It didn't make any sense why they just turned around and left and the next scene was him taking a dump in the mountains where Brianne came upon them..
              Exactly what me and my wife said! Heck, go in and chill out for a week or two after being on the road. Take a bath, eat a good meal........visit with folks..........LOL!!! Exactly!!!
              I remembered the coin being given to her earlier and the words, I just didn't realize it was to Braavos only.
              Since the Captain was headed there it was a convenient fit I guess. He was not going to help at all before she showed the coin.

Comment

Great finale with tons of story lines as others said. I did get a bit confused by the coin and whether she is headed north or to Braavos. It seems she is going to Braavos now. Someone mentioned several months ago about Tywin getting what he deserved...now I see it. I could not have dreamed up a better ending than to see Tyrion shoot his poor excuse for a Father while he sits on the crapper. RIP Tywin (not really). Also an epic battle against the Hound...another character that I liked is gone.

Comment

The season finale felt kind of rushed to me. I don't think Brienne could beat the Hound in a fight but since it didn't happen in the book I guess that's a moot point. I'm kind of disappointed that they killed off Jojen and that Coldhands was never introduced. Looks like they might be omitting Stoneheart also but no big loss there. I was glad to see that Arya didn't finish the Hound off.

Semi spoiler alert, don't read on if you don't want to know.

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Originally Posted by Smart
                  I remembered the coin being given to her earlier and the words, I just didn't realize it was to Braavos

Since the Captain was headed there it was a convenient fit I guess. He was not going to help at all before she showed the coin.
                  The coin was a recruitment invitation, anyone from Braavos would recognize it as such and help the bearer get to the faceless temple.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                    The season finale felt kind of rushed to me. I don't think Brienne could beat the Hound in a fight but since it didn't happen in the book I guess that's a moot point. I'm kind of disappointed that they killed off Jojen and that Coldhands was never introduced. Looks like they might be omitting Stoneheart also but no big loss there. I was glad to see that Arya didn't finish the Hound off.

The coin was a recruitment invitation, anyone from Braavos would recognize it as such and help the bearer get to the faceless temple.
                    Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Semi spoiler too

Yeah .. my friend who has read the books speculates that Arya will become a faceless assassin and seek revenge on the people she had listed.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          LOL

why such a heavy heart?

Comment

My thoughts exactly. There were some details that wouldn't have been hard to add but would have given a lot more depth to the season. Oh well. Still fun to watch the books play out on tv.

Comment

Looks like they might be omitting Stoneheart also but no big loss there. I was glad to see that Arya didn't finish the Hound off.

Not really a spoiler. Jaqen told her if she ever wanted to find him to give that coin to anyone from Bravos. Before that they spoke in depth about the faceless men/assasins. Jaqen told her if she wanted to learn the way of the faceless man that she would have to go with him. She didn't because she was trying to get to her mother and brother. That didn't turn out so well for her. I think it is safe to say Arya is going to Bravos to look for Jagen and the faceless men.

No way they omit SH. I would be super surprised. I think they couldn't find the time to get her in this season. Saving it for the next.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                                Lady SH??
                                Last edited by Birddog66; 06-16-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X