The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
    I reinjured a back injury about a month ago. Back is better but my sciatic nerve is giving me fits now. Been exercising it and stretching it through exercise but it's a stubborn thing. Got a injection scheduled next Thursday, hope it helps. If not it's gonna be a interesting 2 weeks in Colorado but haven't missed a year in last 10 so not gonna start now. So a elk hunter's motto may be, if it doesn't suck we don't do it, lol.
    Man I feel for you, that sucks. Hope it gets better.

My dad just started having knee issues while training for our upcoming hunt. He says it's getting better but just went and got a cortizon injection in it yesterday. Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
      Good luck. We are going to another unit with fewer Amish this year too. Theres nothing like a traditional bow to make you appreciate killing any animal. Good luck to you. I drew my deer tag this year too.

Haha, they were every where last year man. Really interesting people, to say the least. And if you get a deer with your recurve, I want the full run down. I've been obsessing over South Cox the last month, stalking in on a deer with your recurve looks so bad ***!

Comment

I reinjured a back injury about a month ago. Back is better but my sciatic nerve is giving me fits now. Been exercising it and stretching it through exercise but it's a stubborn thing. Got a injection scheduled next Thursday, hope it helps. If not it's gonna be a interesting 2 weeks in Colorado but haven't missed a year in last 10 so not gonna start now. So a elk hunter's motto may be, if it doesn't suck we don't do it, lol.

Google nerve flossing. It sucks. But it works.

Comment

Get well soon! But if you don't you still may kill the elk of your life. Nothing like slowing down to see critters, lots of elk killed on water. A decade is one heck of a streak!

Comment

I need to modify my Alice pack to add the tray. Has anyone on here done it and do you have pics?

Comment

How do you know boundaries?
              Ive been looking at the nm fish and game site and it has the map divided up in units. If you get drawn in a unit how do you what part of that unit isn't private land or national forest and you can hunt it?

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                How do you know boundaries?
                Ive been looking at the nm fish and game site and it has the map divided up in units. If you get drawn in a unit how do you what part of that unit isn't private land or national forest and you can hunt it?
                US forest maps or onxmaps for NM. CO actually has an awesome free map site.

Comment

I figured out how to download google earth waypoints to my GPS Last night. It only took 457 steps. WIN!!

Comment

We use a map chip in GPS to know boundaries.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                      I need to modify my Alice pack to add the tray. Has anyone on here done it and do you have pics?

I've been wondering the same thing... I have one I use regularly to stay in shape. There's gotta be a way to add a flat bottom and turn it into a meat hauler
                      Surely somebody has done this already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          I figured out how to download google earth waypoints to my GPS Last night. It only took 457 steps. WIN!!
                          Looking for some recommendations on a GPS. Looking at Garmin Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                            Looking for some recommendations on a GPS. Looking at Garmin Oregon.

I'm pretty sure that's the one I have. Seems to work well

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that's the one I have. Seems to work well

Which model? Did you add any maps?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
                                Which model? Did you add any maps?
                                Garmin 64s with bird's-eye imagery and buy the 24k topo for it. You can also get the Onx Hunt maps that show private property. Keep in mind in Colorado, landowners DO NOT have to post property lines or markings.

Comment

Working...
                                X