No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get off work at 4 then headed up to set up camp and then getting bright and early start for the opener on Saturday

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440793290.472475.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	24400311

Gear all packed except I still need to vacuum seal my food. I'm ready for 18 days in the mountains !!!!

Comment

7 days exactly! Plane leaves Houston for Montana at 3:30!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          7 days exactly! Plane leaves Houston for Montana at 3:30!

Where in Montana? I hunted around Bozeman last year. I will be back

Comment

Got to N.M. wed. night. Set camp Thursday and began scouting.
            Started having severe chest pains Thursday. Went to Los Alamos hospital Friday am and was sent by ambulance to Albuquerque. No heart problems but blood pressure was 219 over 110. It is sunday and bp is down and will check out in 2hrs.
            Not a good start to elk season. Hope it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post

Started having severe chest pains Thursday. Went to Los Alamos hospital Friday am and was sent by ambulance to Albuquerque. No heart problems but blood pressure was 219 over 110. It is sunday and bp is down and will check out in 2hrs.

Wow!!! Prayers sent your way, elk isn't nearly as important. I'm sure that ambulance ride will add to the elk hunt costs. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

Praying you get well!

Comment

Praying you get well!

I saw a few Texas plates on my trip west. Two white trucks dragging an older camper in New Mexico and a few in Cortez. Good luck guys

Comment

Prayers up. Hope things turn around soon.

Comment

Was it altitude sickness? Praying for recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                        Wow!!! Prayers sent your way, elk isn't nearly as important. I'm sure that ambulance ride will add to the elk hunt costs. Sorry to hear it.

We are praying for you George.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolpin10 View Post
                          Was in New Mexico this weekend and there were lots of bugling. It is green and looking good saw lots of elk, no bulls following the cows yet.
                          Where about?

Comment

Dang!
                            Prayers sent.

Comment

Leave in 9 hours for New Mexico. Will sleep under the stars tomorrow night.
                              jealous haha, I have 7 days until I leave

Comment

Dang! That's no Bueno. Hope you get better soon

Comment

Working...
                                X