Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you look at Nissan

Comment

You can't beat a chevy, and GM has rightfully paid all the money back for all the haters out there.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
        Don't kid yourself. Ford Credit took $15.9 billion dollars.
        Ford took more than that over the last 5 years....that was only one lump sum.

Comment

Is Ford still providing only 60k mile powertrain warranty?

GM is 100k miles.

Comment

Just bought the 2011 5.0 V8 about 2 weeks ago. Average about 19.5 MPG to and from work. The 1 time I actually took a long distance was about 40 miles at 65MPH and got 21+ MPG. I was worried about buying the 5.0 since I had the 5.4 and trust me the new 5.0 is buy far a better engine. I looked at the ecoboost but you may want to pay attention to the towing capacity of the ecoboost versus the 5.0, the ecoboost wouldnt have been able to fill my needs.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
              Don't kid yourself. Ford Credit took $15.9 billion dollars.
              Ford credit isnt FoMoCo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fredbear012 View Post
                You can't beat a chevy, and GM has rightfully paid all the money back for all the haters out there.
                Chevy paid back the original loans with quiet loans from later stimulus monies. they really havent

Comment

Originally posted by KWHUNTER View Post
                  Just bought the 2011 5.0 V8 about 2 weeks ago. Average about 19.5 MPG to and from work. The 1 time I actually took a long distance was about 40 miles at 65MPH and got 21+ MPG. I was worried about buying the 5.0 since I had the 5.4 and trust me the new 5.0 is buy far a better engine. I looked at the ecoboost but you may want to pay attention to the towing capacity of the ecoboost versus the 5.0, the ecoboost wouldnt have been able to fill my needs.
                  11,300# would not be sufficient for your needs?

What is the tow rating on the 5.0?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    With numbers like that this truck would be the way to go.
                    I wouldn't sell it anytime soon cause I bet you got one of the good ones.
                    I'd be peed if I was getting 13 in a 5.3 and coulda had 16 in a 6.2.
                    I drove a Toyota Tundra 5.7L double cab 4x4 and a GMC crew cab Z71 6.2L the same day about 30 minutes apart and the Toyota "felt" noticeably more powerful than the GMC. I know each vehicle will feel different but the Toyota just felt like it had more pep.

I would like to see a shootout of the 1/2 ton trucks with the most powerful engines offered in each line. I'd like to see all of the new Ford engines included just because they are all new.

But as to which one is better, I don't believe any of them are better than the other. It just boils down to personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHUNTER View Post
                      Towing capacity with the eccoboost is more than the 5.0

Comment

Would the yota get 18.5 highway?

Fwiw my neighbor came home with 5.0 crew 4x4 about a month ago and says he's getting 18.5 back & forth to work.( mixed city & highway )
                        That's ~ 3mpg better than my 5.4 could do going to the same plant.

What are the 5.0 tow ratings, hp torque numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Would the yota get 18.5 highway?

Fwiw my neighbor came home with 5.0 crew 4x4 about a month ago and says he's getting 18.5 back & forth to work.( mixed city & highway )
                          That's ~ 3mpg better than my 5.4 could do going to the same plant.

What are the 5.0 tow ratings, hp torque numbers?
                          Like any of the other larger V8 trucks yes as long as you drive it right.

If the poster with the 6.2L is getting 18 with is he should consider himself lucky. Seems like remember the sticker rating on the one that I drove was like 13/17.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            I drove a Toyota Tundra 5.7L double cab 4x4 and a GMC crew cab Z71 6.2L the same day about 30 minutes apart and the Toyota "felt" noticeably more powerful than the GMC. I know each vehicle will feel different but the Toyota just felt like it had more pep.

I would like to see a shootout of the 1/2 ton trucks with the most powerful engines offered in each line. I'd like to see all of the new Ford engines included just because they are all new.

But as to which one is better, I don't believe any of them are better than the other. It just boils down to personal preference.
                            Here's a durability test between the f-150 and tundra..the tundra looks like is rubber..

Plus my ford 6.2 boss feels like plenty of power..its quicker than the Chevrolet and not sure about the 5.7 tundra..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - ‪2009 Ford F150 Vs. 2008 Toyota Tundra‬‏[/ame]

Comment

Great video my 09 FX4 Supercrew rides like a dream.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                                Here's a durability test between the f-150 and tundra..the tundra looks like is rubber..

Plus my ford 6.2 boss feels like plenty of power..its quicker than the Chevrolet and not sure about the 5.7 tundra..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - ‪2009 Ford F150 Vs. 2008 Toyota Tundra‬
                                Toyota did a recall for the bed bounce issue. In the video I saw a few years ago all of the trucks in the test had it pretty bad.
                                Last edited by Mike D; 06-23-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X