Ford VS. Chevy Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
    Agree with checking out the Ecoboost! Took one for a spin last month it was impressive.
    Not hearing good things about the EcoBoost and towing anything ....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      Not hearing good things about the EcoBoost and towing anything ....
      Such as......?????

Comment

My 2010 F150 supercrew FX4 is quietier and smother rideing than my buddies 2010 chevy 1500 crewcab 2wd. The chevy get 2 mpg better than ford. But the chevy has rattles and alot of road noise. The drives night to work and I drive days. We drive the chevy on night so it will keep us awake on the drive home...

Comment

Im a Chevy fan. But Ive been driving a ford with the ecco boost motor. Its getting 19 mpg at 75 and only have 152 miles on it so far. This thing will fly. You just touch the gas and before you know it your going 90 mph. This ecco boost is a v6 with a turbo it has more power then the chevy. It should pull better as well. good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Such as......?????
            X2, you would be the first I have heard of to have heard anything bad about the towing on this truck.

Comment

Got a quote about a month ago on a 2011 LTZ crew cab, 4x4, for a little over $38,000 if that helps any. Had everything you could think of putting in a truck.

Comment

If I was to get a new truck right now it would be the Ford with the Ecoboost.

Comment

Ford, both are good though. At least your not considering a Dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by AgeOfEase08 View Post
                    i have a 1500 4x4 Z71 and love it. Except for the 4x4. They make these **** things too freaking smart. Even though you turn "OFF" the stabilitrak and traction control, the truck freaks out when you are getting a little loose and need the power to the wheels. Ive taken it in a few different times, apparently, they all do this. ABS does not turn off when in 4x4, unless you are in 4LO.

I am seriously considering trading mine in for a EcoBoost.
                    Hold down the traction control switch till it says its off. Like 10 seconds I think

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                      Ford didn't get any of the stimulas money

I just went through the same thing but I was in the market for a diesel pickup for the wife and it was between Chevy and Ford... For me it would have been hands down Ford... However, the wife liked the looks of the chevy, However, the best deal I could find on the Lariat ford was better than I could find on a LTZ chevy.... Easy decision for me as I am all about not supporting Chevy and our government!!!

Comment

Once again Ford Credit took 15.9 billion dollars of money from the Federal Reserve. Toyota got some too. Those have been paid back in full but to say Ford didn't get any money is disingenuous and PR stuff

Comment

Ford!! There's a reason you see 4x as many new F150's on the road than 1500's....

Comment

Chevy offers the 6.2 in the LTZtrim, 403 hp and 417 lbs of torque. The mileage I get is 16 city with mixed driving and 18.5 on the highway if I keep it under 75.

Comment

Stay away from ford. Go with chevy. I've had three fords all new when i got them and major problems with drive trane. First f150 tranny went out at 30,000 miles and the rear end after that. The second one had same issues and so did the third. I will never buy another ford. And all of them used oil. I called ford and the rep told me that they allow thr trucks to use a quart of oil every 1800 miles. This is no bs. That's what the guy told me. It's a shame that the truck my grandpa drove is no longer the same truck today.

Comment

Originally posted by BOWMAN1836 View Post
                                Stay away from ford. Go with chevy. I've had three fords all new when i got them and major problems with drive trane. First f150 tranny went out at 30,000 miles and the rear end after that. The second one had same issues and so did the third. I will never buy another ford. And all of them used oil. I called ford and the rep told me that they allow thr trucks to use a quart of oil every 1800 miles. This is no bs. That's what the guy told me. It's a shame that the truck my grandpa drove is no longer the same truck today.
                                Where are you buying your fords from??

Comment

Working...
                                X