Ford VS. Chevy Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 selling truck for a reason FORD!

I was always a "chevy man" until I got one........nothing but problems. My Dad still is a GM guy.........truck always in shop. Went to a FORD and aint looked back!

BUT, if you dont plan on keeping it until the transmission goes out or a/c quits (about 60K) chevy might be for you

Comment

If you dont have a preference than that is a great negotiating tool. Go and meet with several of the dealerships and get them competing chevy against chevy, ford against ford, and chevy against ford. Walk out a few times and tell them you want to think about it. Let them know what other dealerships are offering. Make a huge low ball offer and let them tell you know, then walk out. They'll call you in a few days and will probably take what you offer. Never act like you are in love with the truck. They make thousands of them and more will come. Get some used truck prices too, they can't match but if they need to move inventory they will try to compete with used up to a point.

***Don't let them mess with you on the back end!!! Sales tax is 6.25% in the state of texas. Documentation for title and registration should be no more than $150-$200. So TTL that is it!!! Add it up on your calculator. When you do you will see that they are throwing in inventory tax (BS!!) Extended warranties (BS) Vin Etching (BS, pretty much a crappy insurance policy if your truck is stolen that they charge you 300 for.) I have also had them try to through in $300 to be a member at the dealership to buy a vehicle (BS!!!!) They try to nickel and dime you and expect you not to notice. Buying a vehicle from a dealership is always a pain in the rear.

I like Chevy, I don't like how they have let the unions get out of hand. I hate it when people buy Toyota's. I don't care if it's made over here, the bottom line goes into Japans pocket. I like american made and owned vehicles.

Comment

What natural gas plant do you work at?

Comment

I have a 2005 chev crew cab 1500HD 4x4 with 160k miles on it and it runs like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevotary View Post
            If you dont have a preference than that is a great negotiating tool. Go and meet with several of the dealerships and get them competing chevy against chevy, ford against ford, and chevy against ford. Walk out a few times and tell them you want to think about it. Let them know what other dealerships are offering. Make a huge low ball offer and let them tell you know, then walk out. They'll call you in a few days and will probably take what you offer. Never act like you are in love with the truck. They make thousands of them and more will come. Get some used truck prices too, they can't match but if they need to move inventory they will try to compete with used up to a point.

***Don't let them mess with you on the back end!!! Sales tax is 6.25% in the state of texas. Documentation for title and registration should be no more than $150-$200. So TTL that is it!!! Add it up on your calculator. When you do you will see that they are throwing in inventory tax (BS!!) Extended warranties (BS) Vin Etching (BS, pretty much a crappy insurance policy if your truck is stolen that they charge you 300 for.) I have also had them try to through in $300 to be a member at the dealership to buy a vehicle (BS!!!!) They try to nickel and dime you and expect you not to notice. Buying a vehicle from a dealership is always a pain in the rear.

I like Chevy, I don't like how they have let the unions get out of hand. I hate it when people buy Toyota's. I don't care if it's made over here, the bottom line goes into Japans pocket. I like american made and owned vehicles.
            This gets old. Guess you don't like your current vehicle and wont be buying any new vehicles either?

Comment

i am a ford man,,, but the new chev is a better machine overal

Comment

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                i am a ford man,,, but the new chev is a better machine overal
                Based on what criteria?

Comment

fuel economy is about the same... the ford rides like a tin box.. you can see the box shutter when one passes you.. the divetrain is tighter on the chev,, i have had both,, it really is a coin toss..

Comment

Ford offers a more comfortable ride and is quality built. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      #1 selling truck for a reason FORD!

I was always a "chevy man" until I got one........nothing but problems. My Dad still is a GM guy.........truck always in shop. Went to a FORD and aint looked back!

BUT, if you dont plan on keeping it until the transmission goes out or a/c quits (about 60K) chevy might be for you
                      Darnit. Guess I'm 40,000 miles over the transmission limit. Better get my z71 in the shop to have it looked over.

Also, it's funny how most of the "Ford truck best selling truck in America stats" always compare to the Silverado, and exclude the GMC Sierra. Not saying that Ford may still have a slight edge there, but the numbers are much more comparable...

From a non-biased standpoint, I say it's a toss up between the two. Also, while I am not a fan of Toyota...the Tundra sure has been getting good reviews lately; probably worth at least a look...

Comment

Always Chevy...especially when it's a half ton. Ford Superduty's are at least decent...the F150.......not so much.

Comment

Chevy all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
                            Chevy offers the 6.2 in the LTZtrim, 403 hp and 417 lbs of torque. The mileage I get is 16 city with mixed driving and 18.5 on the highway if I keep it under 75.
                            With numbers like that this truck would be the way to go.
                            I wouldn't sell it anytime soon cause I bet you got one of the good ones.
                            I'd be peed if I was getting 13 in a 5.3 and coulda had 16 in a 6.2.

Comment

So far I have been impressed with my new crew cab chevy. Looked at the Eco boost but just couldn't make myself buy a ford. Government or not, I guess I will always be a chevy man.

Comment

Been driving Fords for 10+ years and just bought a 2011 Silverado 5.3 has just over 6,000 miles as of now. I am getting 15 to 16.5 mpg, mostly 290 driving which is heavy traffic.

I bought the Chevy due to price and not preference. Ford for some reason has gotten real proud!

Ford has more room Chevy rides better IMO.

Buy what feels right to you and your wallet!

Comment

Working...
                                X