No announcement yet.

Ford VS. Chevy Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just by the one you like the feel of best. It doesn't matter all vehicles have issues no matter what make. They do it on purpose to get money selling parts.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      I'll admit that I did not read through this whole thread, but I'll give you my evaluation results and what I did...

1. I would NEVER buy another Chevy because of what the gubment did with GM. But I did to the comparisons using a 2010 model year as that is when I made my purchase.
      2. I looked at Chevy, Toyota, and Ford, all 4 door models and all 4 wheel drive, top of the line trim packages. I wanted all the bells and whistles.
      3. The truck I was driving at the time was an '06 Silverado crew cab with all the bells and whistles in a Z71. I liked that truck, and in fact I kept it. I bought it from the leasing company and turned it into a ranch truck.
      4. After looking carefully at all the options and models, I got the Ford, Super Crew with the King Ranch trim, navigation and sound package, you name it, it's got it...
      Main reasons I decided on the Ford were in order of Importance:
      1. As stated above I'd never buy another Chevy (I'd never owned anything else prior to this purchase in 2010). I refuse to support the Gubment in what they did.
      2. The Ford internal cab is WAY bigger than either of the others. Further, the Ford has a 6 1/2 foot bed option on the Super Crews beginning in 2010. The thing I hated the most about the '06 Chevy was that little 5 1/2 foot bed. My prior vehicle was a 1 ton crew with an 8 foot bed... The Ford options in my opinion were better designed and functionality was better.
      3. The Toyota Crew Max was a close second but did not have the 6 1/2 foot bed option, and the gas mileage was not as good as the Ford.

If I had to do it today, the only thing I'd change is I'd get the EcoBoost engine. My son has the exact same truck with that EcoBoost engine and it is more powerful and quicker off the line and better gas mileage than my '10 V8.

Also, I've always been a GM guy, but after having this Ford, even IF the gubment wasn't involved with GM, I'd not go back to GM now. The Ford is BY FAR a better truck all around than the Chevy.

Good luck with whatever your purchase happens to be.

Guess it doesn't bother you that Ford took money too? Ford motor credit got gubment money

Comment

I've had both, my last ford was still running great at 130,00 when I sold it. My current truck a Silverado 1500 and my transmission went out at 66,000, I've got 133,00 on it now. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

Working...
        X