LSBA 3-D Shoot, Saltgrass Archery Club, 04/27/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGasMan View Post
    What kind of ranges are the targets? Would like to shoot a 3d course, but don't want to be slinging arrows at 60yds for my first time.
    You can shoot with the TRADITIONAL fellas. The max distance is 25 yds. If it is a 25 yd shot, it will be at the Elk or one of our standing bears for a BIG target. Plus, we are shooting off the levee , so you will be shooting down into the dirt on the bank, if you miss.

Thanks for the question !!!

Comment

NO Mosquitoes

OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the range, in the woods, after dark last night. I expected to be carried to the swamp by the mosquitoes, having not sprayed any repellant on me.

NOT a single bite

It has been rather dry, whatever puddles are long gone. Looking good

Comment

Originally posted by jsuggs View Post
        Most targets are between 20-30. There may be one or two around 40 but nothing crazy. Saltgrass Miker may get squirrelly with limbs, trees and grass. He's like that.
        he, he, he, he

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
          WE got Ultra - Open class.......unknown distance, a 12 ring the size of dime, you will need a 3x9 power sight, and there's brush in the way
          I thought coming out to shoot, but not if there is brush in the way of the targets.

Comment

Originally posted by tree stand View Post
            I thought coming out to shoot, but not if there is brush in the way of the targets.
            I think he's talking about the lifesaver of doom. A side pot target that many have tried but haven't cracked yet.

Put a single pin sight on yesterday, I'll probably be its huckleberry in the near future
            Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1398306732385.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	24301147

Comment

Ok, could you handle a leaf ?

And what class would you like to shoot ? The trad, novice, youth will have a cake walk

Comment

Yes !!! the Lifesaver Challenge

I place a lifesaver candy on our 80 yard target, speared on a stick.

It costs $1.00 per shot. Whoever hits the lifesaver splits the pot with the club !!!

P.S. We have money in the pot from previous events. NO ONE has ever hit it.

Will you be "the Archer" ???
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                  I think he's talking about the lifesaver of doom. A side pot target that many have tried but haven't cracked yet.

Put a single pin sight on yesterday, I'll probably be its huckleberry in the near future
                  [ATTACH]616289[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks Russ81 !! I had forgotten about the Lifesaver Challenge Dial in
                  your single pin, and take home the money !! I hope you hit it !!

Comment

Mike, that pic above was first time ever shooting at 60yds... I pulled the shot thats just left of the liver

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                      Mike, that pic above was first time ever shooting at 60yds... I pulled the shot thats just left of the liver
                      Wow...sixty yards !!! Good shootin'. You are on your way to hitting anything, any distance !!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
                        Ok, could you handle a leaf ?

And what class would you like to shoot ? The trad, novice, youth will have a cake walk
                        Senior open, George and I have been shooting together for over 30 years.

Comment

Ordered me some knew arrows today!! I am picking them up from Santa Fe Archery tomorrow!! Super excited about this event!

Comment

Gonna miss this one going Bowfishing we been planning on it awile, should be a great shoot, hoping a lot of people show up, mike great job out there at the range,

Comment

Senior open, George and I have been shooting together for over 30 years.
                              Wow !! You have forgotten more than I will ever know

You are going to like it. I really wanted to make the open class shots longer, but ran into logistic problems with the stake location for the other classes.
                              Hope to say "Hello" to ya !!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot4huntin View Post
                                Ordered me some knew arrows today!! I am picking them up from Santa Fe Archery tomorrow!! Super excited about this event!
                                So am I !!! You know , it's the little things in life that make the difference. For instance --- the porta potty will be there today,,,, and I don't have to think about it anymore

NOTHIN' better than new arrows

Comment

Working...
                                X