No announcement yet.

Traditional FSC Week 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all do realize, that any shot within 3 inches of that tube would be a 10 on a deer size 3D, and a kill shot on just about any critter larger than a coon. There's been some really good shooting so far.

This drill will give you the yips for sure. It's not that easy to concentrate on.

Randy, I kinda have an unfair advantage. When I got the idea last Friday night, I went out Saturday, and practiced it some, and even punched the tube on the 3rd or 4th shot. I wanted to make sure it would hold up, and knew it would be a fun call, or at least thought it would be.

Who knows what tomorrow, or the next few days will bring, but I'm darn sure gonna have fun finding out.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
      Y'all do realize, that any shot within 3 inches of that tube would be a 10 on a deer size 3D, and a kill shot on just about any critter larger than a coon. There's been some really good shooting so far.

This drill will give you the yips for sure. It's not that easy to concentrate on.

Randy, I kinda have an unfair advantage. When I got the idea last Friday night, I went out Saturday, and practiced it some, and even punched the tube on the 3rd or 4th shot. I wanted to make sure it would hold up, and knew it would be a fun call, or at least thought it would be.

Who knows what tomorrow, or the next few days will bring, but I'm darn sure gonna have fun finding out.

Rick
      Exactly!! And on a deer size animal I'd think anything within about 3.5-4'' should normally be a kill shot. I haven't seen a really bad shot on this thread yet!!

Comment

Thanks, Pigthumper.

Dang, Rick! Just got around to watching the video -- pure Robin Hood with a 68-lb bow. Very nice.

Slightly kidding about the rifle scope analogy for your shooting. Point really is that bow hand has to be rock solid and release has to be flawless to do what you do.

Comment

I'll share something else that I realized helps me be more accurate: press the bow hand toward the target right at release. Seems to help the follow through and improve the focus on the tiny target spot.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
            Exactly!! And on a deer size animal I'd think anything within about 3.5-4'' should normally be a kill shot. I haven't seen a really bad shot on this thread yet!!
            I missed by 6". It was a bad shot. I lost two doe with that shot last season.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't realize yours was 6''...but, you still have a long time until next deer season. You've come too far to quit!! You'll be fine. Just keep slinging arrows.

Comment

I'm not quitting my recurve. Love shooting it. Just these challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I'm not quitting my recurve. Love shooting it. Just these challenges.

Never met you DRT, but feel like a long-distance buddy mainly from these challenges. We all wish we could be better, and these FSC deals are kind of an excuse to practice with a little bit of pressure in the sense of posting the results for the world and these few long-distance buddies to see. Anyway, hope to see you keep posting.

Ellis

Comment

DRT how long have you been shooting trad gear? Just wondering.

Richard

Comment

6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        6 months.
                        Man that's not long to have been shooting and considering the level you're at now I'd think you are doing very well. And to top it off you've already had a few chances to go hunting.

Richard.

Comment

Maybe. I just expect better. At 10 yards especially. You have no idea how many scopes, guns, bows and accessories I have damaged angry from poor performance on my part. There's a reason I don't compete.

Comment

Day 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No robbinhood for me today. I brushed the top of the tube opening, but measured 1/2" at the base.

Day3 total - 1-5/16"

Rick
                              Attached Files

Comment

Great shooting, CRM and Rick!

Comment

Working...
                                X