No announcement yet.

Traditional FSC Week 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dadgum Rick, I felt pretty good about my shot till I saw yours. Mines not bad though.
    Looks like 13/16"
    I did shoot a bunch yesterday though. It feels good to get back in on a FSC. I havnt had time to shoot the last couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Rick is dialing in the elevation turret on a rifle scope while the rest of us are pointing shotguns.
      That gives me some perspective on the rules of sor tournaments. Looks like it works though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I am aiming, and aiming hard.

I am string walking down from my 20 yard fixed crawl.
        Today I shot two serving wraps down from where I shot yesterday.
        Looks like three wraps is going to get me darn close.

Rick

Comment

Even if I used an aiming strategy i don't hold steady enough any more to try to shoot robinhoods. I get arrows really close but since I started I haven't even clipped a noc so all this challenge will do is frustrate me trying to do what I know I cannot except by shear luck.

Comment

Aim small miss small, the center of that shaft ( tube) is the same size as the center of anything else. It don't matter if your shooting dots on a target or picking a spot on a 3D or a live animal.
            It's all about challenging yourself to be consistent day in and day out!
            Don't give up Gary!!!

Comment

My Day 2 (catch-up) shot is a little better. Thought I had it for minute: 3/8"

So, Day 1 = 3-1/8"
              Day 2= 3/8"
              @ 3-1/2" total, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                Aim small miss small, the center of that shaft ( tube) is the same size as the center of anything else. It don't matter if your shooting dots on a target or picking a spot on a 3D or a live animal.
                It's all about challenging yourself to be consistent day in and day out!
                Don't give up Gary!!!
                I doubt you could understand. I dont expect to be able to always hit the small dots on my target. If I'm within an inch I consider it a win. I have ruined a few arrows with compounds. We used to shoot at each other's arrows just to **** each other off. However I don't shoot that well anymore with a compound to do it at will.

That said this challenge is beyond my abilities. After I burned that target I relaxed, figured out why my groups had opened up the last few days and shot til my fingers hurt.

I don't have so much pride that I don't know when I'm in over my head. I shoot for me. And all I wanted to do after the shot, and subsequent bad practice after yesterday was club the neighbor's dog.

After today's shot, the one I walked out there knowing I couldn't do, I stepped back and realized what I needed to do.

I'm not a good loser. Especially when I'm beating myself.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I doubt you could understand. I dont expect to be able to always hit the small dots on my target. If I'm within an inch I consider it a win. I have ruined a few arrows with compounds. We used to shoot at each other's arrows just to **** each other off. However I don't shoot that well anymore with a compound to do it at will.

That said this challenge is beyond my abilities. After I burned that target I relaxed, figured out why my groups had opened up the last few days and shot til my fingers hurt.

I don't have so much pride that I don't know when I'm in over my head. I shoot for me. And all I wanted to do after the shot, and subsequent bad practice after yesterday was club the neighbor's dog.

After today's shot, the one I walked out there knowing I couldn't do, I stepped back and realized what I needed to do.

I'm not a good loser. Especially when I'm beating myself.

At the same time, keep in mind how long it takes to really be "good" shooting a trad bow vs a compound. I feel the same way from time to time, especially now that I've shot with some guys that are really good shots. I just remember when I start to compare myself to them I've been shooting 16 months, and they've been shooting for years!! Just a little perspective. For what it's worth, I think you shoot well for your experience level.

Comment

But I'm not competing against anyone else. It's against the target/challenge and myself. When I'm beating myself before I step to the line then it's better to walk away. Regardless of my experience level.

Comment

Just to show it can be done, and to show off a little.
                      Testing my additional 3 serving wrap string crawl theory. It worked!!!

Practice for tomorrow. Now if I can just do it when it counts.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                      I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        But I'm not competing against anyone else. It's against the target/challenge and myself. When I'm beating myself before I step to the line then it's better to walk away. Regardless of my experience level.

The thing is - You don't have to get a robbinhood to win this thing.
                        It's quite possible, that all 7 shots will have to be totaled for measurement, and you can do it as well as anyone else can. Just take it one day at a time. It's no different than any other first shot challenge.

Rick

Comment

Day two. Still not lookin very good. 1 3/4"
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24490405

Comment

Good shot, Pigthumper!

Comment

Great shooting guys!! Rick, You can't argue with those results! I'm rooting for you to do it again tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                Good shot, Pigthumper!
                                Thanks. That 3/8" is nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X