What feathers do you guys use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCRUBBUCK View Post
    I like 5" shield, but nothing wrong with parabolic. Sorry fellows I prefer Gateway over Trueflight. I find them to be more durable on alluminum. The spine is a little thicker on gateways, but maybe on woodies or carbons trueflight may be better.
    Is this where we are supposed to get in a big arguement because someone disagrees with us?
    Kind of like the Ford-Chevy arguement.
    I can't say for alum cause I'm shooting carbon and wood both.
    Best way is to fletch six arrows with each brand, mark them and shoot to find which is better for YOU.
    But then, if you don't shoot much it probably doesn't make much difference.

Comment

Originally posted by roninrus1 View Post
      Is this where we are supposed to get in a big arguement because someone disagrees with us?
      Kind of like the Ford-Chevy arguement.
      I can't say for alum cause I'm shooting carbon and wood both.
      Best way is to fletch six arrows with each brand, mark them and shoot to find which is better for YOU.
      But then, if you don't shoot much it probably doesn't make much difference.
      What?

I've never seen the Trad folks get into a "My Mathews is better than your Bowtech" thing here. We ain't that kind of group. Folks are just saying what they use and like.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
        What?

I've never seen the Trad folks get into a "My Mathews is better than your Bowtech" thing here. We ain't that kind of group. Folks are just saying what they use and like.
        Thats right.

Comment

Originally posted by fletcherfor2 View Post
          What?

Absolutely!!!! Please note the smilie!
          If it was that kind of group here, I would not have posted anything.
          It was meant as funny and sorry if anyone took it as a challenge.

Comment

Its all good.

Comment

5" shield cut left helical. I use Gateway and Trueflight and have had good results with both.

Comment

5" Trad

Comment

5" RW parabolic cut

Comment

I have found that 4" feathers is more than enough even with braodheads if the bow/arrow is tuned properly. 4" is just a little less noisy when hunting. I use parabolics because they are quieter as well. I like the looks of shield cut and Pope and Young better but rarely use them.
                    That said, I came a cross a deal from a fellow TBH'er and bought about 400 new TrueFlight 5" Parabolics for $50, so for a while, I will be shooting 5" feathers.

Comment

Something to also consider, check from time to time who is making the best feathers....At times some of the feather folks will get better feathers than the rest of the feather guys. Also depends on their dye cuts. From time to time I see a big difference in the quality of feathers so I get whoever is making the best a the time.....I also like to "grade" my feathers, feel the difference in stiffness, base width, thickness....I try to get the same feel of feathers to put them together. When I buy feathers in bulk, I will feel all the feathers and place the stiffer feathers in a pile, the softest feathers in a different pile, and the medium feathers in a pile. I will then go through the pile and check the bases to see if there are any differences and separate them out, (some can have a wide base and others will have a thin base on the back of the feather and wider in the front). Once I have them all separated, I will fletch up feathers from one pile...I really like a soft feathers, as stiff feathers tend to break easier, the thinner or softer feathers will bend without breaking over. Always chose wide bases as they will lay out on the shaft without many problems...use the ones with thin bases for junk arrows.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                        I shoot 4-4 inch left wing parabolics....Shorter feathers but more surface area for stability...
                        X2....have got really good results with them

Comment

I have noticed they are whiter then the 5" shields I used to shoot. Gateway r/w right helical. That's what I can get at cabbalas. Quick question I heard you can get a r/w helical? Not to traditional looking but cost effective

Comment

i shoot 5.5" bannanas and love them RH RW

Comment

Working...
                            X