No announcement yet.

2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do y'all know of anywhere you can buy a thermal scope to see if it fits the criteria you need and if it doesn't you can send it back? If not, what's the best place to try to rent one? I hate asking this because I'm certain I would be happier if I spent double on what I'm planning on buying to get something better but it's hard to justify as little as I'll use it. Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
      Do y'all know of anywhere you can buy a thermal scope to see if it fits the criteria you need and if it doesn't you can send it back? If not, what's the best place to try to rent one? I hate asking this because I'm certain I would be happier if I spent double on what I'm planning on buying to get something better but it's hard to justify as little as I'll use it. Thanks in advance
      Have you watched any of the reviews Outdoor Legacy Gear has posted on YouTube?

Comment

There are some guys that do weekend rentals on them. Not sure what the cost is though.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pushbutton2, yes I have. They don't have a review of the scope I'm interested in. Here's my dilemma. I know I would be happy with the rattler ts384 BUT as little as I'll use it it's hard to look past the new ts19 256. I don't hunt wide open places like some of you. All my hunting is done in East Texas where most take place overlooking at clearing of maybe 150 yds most of the time. With most shots being inside a 100 yards to a feeder. Im just unsure what I'm giving up going the cheaper route.

Comment

How do yall like to get to your spot?

Drive in and wait? Walk in under red light?

Comment

Originally posted by RedYote View Post
              How do yall like to get to your spot?

Drive in and wait? Walk in under red light?
              I got so much land I drive and spot. Then turn truck off and walk.

If I have to walk long ways, i prolly aint checking that place

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                Looks like pulsar dropped another talion today. So now they have a xq38 at 2.5 base mag and 384 core $2500. The new xg35 going to be 2x base and 640 core. Wonder what pricing will settle in at for it?
                Pricing isn't available yet but I'm betting it's going to be their "budget" 640 and will likely be under $5,000 to compete with the Bering and AGM less expensive 640's. We hope to have pricing within a month or so and we're expecting a summer release.

Jason

Comment

No independent (small business) dealer can afford to let you send back a used/open box scope with no re-stocking fee. You're best best is talking to a qualified dealer who has used all the scopes and you trust. They will shoot you straight. I don't know of anyone renting lower end optics because most people don't want to rent thermals any more and if they do, it's hard to justify spending $200-$300 for a weekend on a $1,500-$2,500 optic.

Looking at your follow up post, my advice is simply this...stay away from 256 resolution thermal optics. Trust me, you'll be glad you spent the extra money.

Comment

What do yall think about this, it’s the oneleaf Commander NV100 HD. You can attach it to almost any scope. I may add one to the arsenal.

Attached Files

Comment

What do yall think about this, it’s the oneleaf Commander NV100 HD. You can attach it to almost any scope. I may add one to the arsenal.

https://oneleaf.ai/commander-nv100-d...monocular.html
                      I think you would be better off adding a couple hundred to that and getting a sitemark wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                        No independent (small business) dealer can afford to let you send back a used/open box scope with no re-stocking fee. You're best best is talking to a qualified dealer who has used all the scopes and you trust. They will shoot you straight. I don't know of anyone renting lower end optics because most people don't want to rent thermals any more and if they do, it's hard to justify spending $200-$300 for a weekend on a $1,500-$2,500 optic.

Looking at your follow up post, my advice is simply this...stay away from 256 resolution thermal optics. Trust me, you'll be glad you spent the extra money.
                        Thanks Jason I value your opinion. I ordered my wraith from y'all and your company is first class. Looks like when its time to pull the trigger I'll be headed your way again.

Comment

https://oneleaf.ai/commander-nv100-d...monocular.html
                          Save your money and don't buy any of that cheap digital NV

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                            Pricing isn't available yet but I'm betting it's going to be their "budget" 640 and will likely be under $5,000 to compete with the Bering and AGM less expensive 640's. We hope to have pricing within a month or so and we're expecting a summer release.

Jason
                            What's the ETA looking like for the talion xq38 Scopes?

Comment

Ok looking for recommendations I currently have the AMG 160 scanner and looking to upgrade. Budget $1500 to $2000. Would like to identify out to 275-300yrs and detect well past that. Is a quality scanner in that price range out there? I hunt close to some house and want to be able to ID between a dog and a yote or bobcat.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                                Ok looking for recommendations I currently have the AMG 160 scanner and looking to upgrade. Budget $1500 to $2000. Would like to identify out to 275-300yrs and detect well past that. Is a quality scanner in that price range out there? I hunt close to some house and want to be able to ID between a dog and a yote or bobcat.
                                What scope do you shoot with?

Buy an extra scope, not a scanner

Comment

Working...
                                X