Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    What Is the Law of Supply and Demand?
    The law of supply and demand is a theory that explains the interaction between the sellers of a resource and the buyers for that resource. The theory defines the relationship between the price of a given good or product and the willingness of people to either buy or sell it. Generally, as price increases people are willing to supply more and demand less and vice versa when the price falls.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
    The law of demand says that at higher prices, buyers will demand less of an economic good.
    The law of supply says that at higher prices, sellers will supply more of an economic good.
    These two laws interact to determine the actual market prices and volume of goods that are traded on a market.
    Several independent factors can affect the shape of market supply and demand, influencing both the prices and quantities that we observe in markets.

Yes, I agree with this. Olin (Winchester) has been running nonstop producing ammo and still not keeping up. What' s your point, if you have one?

Comment

Also, pretty sure that’s a copy paste if you just Google “law of supply and demand”. Doesn’t really add much to the argument.

Just say’n.

Comment

NICS processed more 4473's this Jan than in any other month's history...2020 were record breakers as well. It's gonna take a while for the ammo to catch up, but it will happen & prices will fall back in line unless we continue to have the current political climate / conditions persist.

Oh, and the guy who buys 10k rounds of ammo has WAY more than two 10 round mags for his one gun to support & is not the current problem...folks who prepare don't focus on just one commodity & are already stocked / unwilling to pay current market.

It's the new gun buyers who have nothing / panic & those who resale.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
          Also, pretty sure that’s a copy paste if you just Google “law of supply and demand”. Doesn’t really add much to the argument.

Just say’n.

I was hoping it would be simple enough for y'all to understand, my hopes are low though

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
            Yes, I agree with this. Olin (Winchester) has been running nonstop producing ammo and still not keeping up. What' s your point, if you have one?
            When demand outstrips supply prices should be increased to check demand. By keeping prices artificially low, supply will stay low much longer

Comment

Wow this ammo craze, is off the charts!

Comment

So you’re saying that every retailer who is out of ammo right now does not understand supply and demand????

The mega companies who are publicly traded and have investors to answer to don’t know what they are doing.

Yeah, you prob right :-)

What they understand is public opinion, and are afraid of upsetting shoppers by "price gouging " the result is the customers have cheap prices on non existent ammo instead of high prices on actual ammo. I will say it seems they are right, it appears that most TBHers would rather have no ammo than expensive ammo. And the TBHers are getting their wish

Comment

Let me get this right, the op wants the ammo manufacturers to price gouge, the price gougers to make everything better? BRILLIANT!
                  Last edited by Trapper76; 02-03-2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                    Let me get this right, the op the ammo manufacturers to price gouge, the price gougers to make everything better? BRILLIANT!

So can you go to the store and buy ammo whenever you want?

Comment

Man, you just won't quit, will you? You are alone on this issue and completely wrong. Give it a break.

Comment

What they understand is public opinion, and are afraid of upsetting shoppers by "price gouging " the result is the customers have cheap prices on non existent ammo instead of high prices on actual ammo. I will say it seems they are right, it appears that most TBHers would rather have no ammo than expensive ammo. And the TBHers are getting their wish
                        From someone who works for a large publicly traded company, they couldn’t give a spit about public opinion, they care about and understand revenue. Drive up price so merch doesn’t move and revenue goes down. Inventory on shelves doesn’t make money. You’re being way to simple in just saying “supply and demand”.

Or maybe I get it now. Someone, I’m not gonna name names, is in the ammo manufacturing business and looking to retire early. Smart.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          Man, you just won't quit, will you? You are alone on this issue and completely wrong. Give it a break.

So, i take it you can go to the store and buy ammo whenever you want.....

Comment

Adios. I'm getting dumber for just participating in this thread.

Comment

From someone who works for a large publicly traded company, they couldn’t give a spit about public opinion, they care about and understand revenue. Drive up price so merch doesn’t move and revenue goes down. Inventory on shelves doesn’t make money. You’re being way to simple in just saying “supply and demand”.

Or maybe I get it now. Someone, I’m not gonna name names, is in the ammo manufacturing business and looking to retire early. Smart.

Ha i wish. I don't even need any ammo. But at a dollar a round 9mm ammo would move slowly, and give suppliers time to build up product. If any product is sold out in minutes, the price is too low. If people don't get that, they don't understand business. Obviously you don't want to never sell something, but the prices don't come close to meeting demand now.

As far as public opinion, how much has "price gouging " hurt CTD? I bet some, maybe a lot. Hell, look at the threads on tbh, people hate ctd and alamo for having ammo, but love academy for having bare shelves
                              Last edited by RJH1; 02-03-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

So, i take it you can go to the store and buy ammo whenever you want.....
                                Yes. Any caliber you want can be found right now if you’re willing to pay top dollar. You’re wrong. It was a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X