No announcement yet.

How to cure the ammo issue in just a few months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W R O N G answer!! 7-8 million new gun owners in America last year. The "shortage' will resided. Ammunition prices will probably increase a little & stay that way cause that is now chit works.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
      Do this first,

and then read and follow this

And lastly, stop buying ammo when you walk into a store because its there.

I'd be willing to bet the folks shouting, "I made an epic score!" Already have plenty of ammo to go shoot, but continue to buy because ammo is hard to find.

Its panic buying resulting in artificial shortages.
      That's a BINGO!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
        We have seen this self correct several times since Obama took office.
        Agreed.
        It's never been this bad. In my 57 years I've never not been able to walk into any sporting goods store and buy 12 gauge birdshot shells.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by bakin7005; 02-03-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          Agreed.
          It's never been this bad. In my 57 years I've never not been able to walk into any sporting goods store and buy 12 gauge birdshot shells.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
          I know...broken record here.. And it will get worse the next big "scare". And then even worse.

How long has this shortage been going on this time?
          How long does a shortage need to be before any ammo company increases manufacturing capacity? Or how short of a time frame between these shortages? Or how many new gun owners lined up to buy ammo does there need to be?

You simply can't state forever that it's not worth it for any of them to manufacture more ammo. That excuse only holds water for so long. And IMO we are far past that point. No way we ever go 6 years between scares again.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
            We all want ammo, here is how to get it as quick as possible:

1 Ammo companies need to install ~100% mark up to wholesalers

2 Wholesalers need to install ~20%markup to retailers

3 Retailers need to install ~20% markup to the customers

These numbers are approximate, but the end result needs to be ~$1 a round for FMJ pistol ammo and $4 a round for basic rifle ammo (could possibly need to be even higher). While i know some people will think this is a horrible idea, select ammo would be available if needed, and in a short time the shelves would be full. The best way to stop a run on a product is to price it out of hoarders/scalpers reach. After the shelves start to fill up, the price can come down to a more reasonable market value. In reality, you are going to have to pay market value for ammo if you need it right now regardless of where you buy it. It would be easier to pay a higher price at Academy or somewhere and get what you need than have to order it from the scalpers on gunbroker, or not be able to get it at all, which is the case for many at this point
            wtflol

Comment

How to cure the ammo issue in just a few months

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
              wtflol
              This^^^

Comment

These numbers are approximate, but the end result needs to be ~$1 a round for FMJ pistol ammo and $4 a round for basic rifle ammo (could possibly need to be even higher). While i know some people will think this is a horrible idea, select ammo would be available if needed, and in a short time the shelves would be full. The best way to stop a run on a product is to price it out of hoarders/scalpers reach. After the shelves start to fill up, the price can come down to a more reasonable market value. In reality, you are going to have to pay market value for ammo if you need it right now regardless of where you buy it. It would be easier to pay a higher price at Academy or somewhere and get what you need than have to order it from the scalpers on gunbroker, or not be able to get it at all, which is the case for many at this point
                Someone with no ammo, unemployed with no ammo and little money to buy it is overwhelmed with joy when they actually find some, and can afford to buy it at the store. Because heaven cows you will pay triple the store cost on line.

Comment

I liken it to the mask & TP shortage of 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                    Easiest way is for everyone to quit paying the stupid marked up prices that I have seen online and in the classifieds here on TBH...
                    Easiest way is for everyone to quit panic buying. People acting like they need 5000 rounds for their bolt action rifle "just in case."

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      Do this first,

and then read and follow this

And lastly, stop buying ammo when you walk into a store because its there.

I'd be willing to bet the folks shouting, "I made an epic score!" Already have plenty of ammo to go shoot, but continue to buy because ammo is hard to find.

Its panic buying resulting in artificial shortages.
                      Bingo.

Comment

I do believe slight expansion of the ammo companies may be in order. If their are as many new gun owners in this country as what we are told.

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                          I do believe slight expansion of the ammo companies may be in order. If their are as many new gun owners in this country as what we are told.
                          This is probably true

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            Easiest way is for everyone to quit panic buying. People acting like they need 5000 rounds for their bolt action rifle "just in case."

Exactly the point. The way you stop Panic buying is to Jack the price up. Then people are only going to buy what they need not 500 rounds of 270 in case the Democrats come after them LOL. Increased prices will also increase availability by curtailing demand. Strange how many TBHers don't understand this

Comment

This is a bad, bad idea. Scrap it. Based on your projected numbers, $100 of ammo will become $200, then $240, then $288, nearly triple of the original price, which is what it is now. Did I say this was a very bad idea?

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                                Or they never shoot again after the 2 boxes they bought with the gun and used gun prices drop in the future when people sell in addition to ammo prices declining.

Comment

Working...
                                X