Thoughts on Bergara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Bergara

What does the GS think of the Bergara lineup of rifles? I’ve never held or shot one and have always shot a Rem 700 or Savage. It’s a new year, so I’m thinking a new rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome guns in my opinion.

Comment

Cousin bought what I would call a “rack grade” Bergara in 6.5 man bun. We were able to boresight it at 200 and fired a couple rounds to get it dialed in with a Vortex Diamondback, within about 20 rounds, we were hitting 3 moa steel at 700 yards and did it so many times it became “boring” hitting the 700 yards steel. I was impressed. All factory loads.

If I were to buy one I’d buy the B-14 with detachable mag and adjustable cheek rest in 28 Nosler. Would be a NICE rifle I think.

Comment

I run a B14 Ridge SP in .308 (more of a hunting setup and threaded than the B14 HMR) and love it. You might do a search on here, this topic has been discussed a couple of time.

Comment

great rifles!!!

just get a good scope for it

meaning NOT a vortex. save your money and get a quality scope

Comment

Really nice barrels on those guns. I have Scout v2 single shot with a Bergara barrel and it stacks them up at 200 yards which is the longest I ever shoot. Super cheap too like 300 bucks brand new on GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              I run a B14 Ridge SP in .308 (more of a hunting setup and threaded than the B14 HMR) and love it. You might do a search on here, this topic has been discussed a couple of time.
              I’ve got a Ridge in 7 Mag. SUB MOA with the first factory Ammo I tried. Rem Cor Lokt. Went to Devils River shot a big Aoudad. Great Trigger, love the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

I was looking at the same. PM sent with some questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the b14 hunter, and I love it. It is one of the most accurate guns I own. I have a couple of nice rifles that I paid over $2,000 for that are accurate, but I would put my off the shelf Bergara up against any of them. Mine is in 300 win mag, and it shoots far better than its price tag would suggest. The recoil is surprisingly little based on how light the rifle is. My hand loads using a middle of the road charge of rl22 and a Barnes 168 gr ttsx will shoot 1/2” groups all day. It is one of the most confidence inspiring rifles I have. It also points and handles like a dream. The stock has a nice soft texture and an open grip. It is really quick in the field. I really can’t say enough great things about mine. I also own remingtons and savages, and I would choose a Bergara hands down over almost any other factory rifle. I don’t really have much experience shooting tikkas, but I do own a sako. While I love my Sako too, my Bergara will do everything it will for a whole lot less.

Comment

My B-14 HMR in 6.5 CM shoots sub MOA with factory ammo. The rifle is only as good as the glass sitting on top. I have a cheap Vortex Strike Eagle and although it tracks perfect it sure as heck ain't a Leupold when t comes to clarity. I also doubt the Vortex magnification is a full 25X. I have other scopes that are only 20X and have what looks to me like more magnification. Pretty sure with the right optics this gun would easily shoot .2's with handloads. .3 is the best I have been able to do so far with my handloads with most being .5 to .75 groups off of bags. Bipod is 1" at best.
                    My mouth is watering over the Savage Elite Precision in 300PRC.

Comment

I absolutely love all my Bergaras. I started with the HMR in 308, switched to 6.5 HMR, now I put their premier series barreled action into a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I shoot consistent 100 yard .5moa groups with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanebow View Post
                        I have the b14 hunter, and I love it. It is one of the most accurate guns I own. I have a couple of nice rifles that I paid over $2,000 for that are accurate, but I would put my off the shelf Bergara up against any of them. Mine is in 300 win mag, and it shoots far better than its price tag would suggest. The recoil is surprisingly little based on how light the rifle is. My hand loads using a middle of the road charge of rl22 and a Barnes 168 gr ttsx will shoot 1/2” groups all day. It is one of the most confidence inspiring rifles I have. It also points and handles like a dream. The stock has a nice soft texture and an open grip. It is really quick in the field. I really can’t say enough great things about mine. I also own remingtons and savages, and I would choose a Bergara hands down over almost any other factory rifle. I don’t really have much experience shooting tikkas, but I do own a sako. While I love my Sako too, my Bergara will do everything it will for a whole lot less.
                        Almost same exact scenario I was in. I own 4 Sako rifles and wanted a bolt gun to run a suppressor. I felt it would have been sac-religious to cut and thread a Sako. I had some experience with Tikka and was impressed. I was going to buy one, cut and thread, until I found Bergara. I am glad I found them. It is a 1/4 to 1/2 MOA gun out of the box with no mods and factory ammo (at least that has been my experience).
                        Last edited by Greenheadless; 01-02-2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I’ve never shot one of their centerfire rifles but my 22lr shoots lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                            I’ve never shot one of their centerfire rifles but my 22lr shoots lights out.

Is that just the bergara action? Or stock/barrel/everything bergara

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              Is that just the bergara action? Or stock/barrel/everything bergara

Just the action, bedded in a manners stock

Comment

Working...
                              X