Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thoughts on Bergara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am shooting the Premier HMR Pro in .300WM with Nightforce NXS 8-32x56. Berger 210 VLD Hunting and the Target. Added a Gen 3 Little ******* Brake and felt recoil less than my 6.5Cm and Sakos in .308. Ammo load development consistent below 1/2MOA. Ive built numerous sniper style rifles for our guys while in the military and i would put the Bergara up against all of them! Awesome out of box long range shooter!!

Comment

Great guns!
      I only sold my B-14 HMR because I bought an APR but was very happy with it. My dad shoots one as well and loves it.

Comment

How smooth are the actions? My BIL is looking for a Bergara in 243.

Comment

I have the B-14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Trijicon 4.5-27x56 on top and a Q Thunder Chicken at the muzzle. I have shot multiple 5 shot groups at 100 below 1 MOA with my best at .342". I used to take it out to a range in Decatur where it would consistently shoot steel out to 800 with ease. It's one of my favorite rifles.

She's a little on the heavy side. I carried it in the mountains chasing muleys this past October. I probably won't be taking it on that trip again. It's great for the box blind though.

Comment

Great guns!

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
              I absolutely love all my Bergaras. I started with the HMR in 308, switched to 6.5 HMR, now I put their premier series barreled action into a Grayboe Ridgeback stock. I shoot consistent 100 yard .5moa groups with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That's a sweet rig right there

Comment

I have a premier highlander in 300 win mag. Shoots lights out with everything I’ve put thru it. The best group was 1/2 MOA

Comment

They were a gunmaker in Spain for many years and made entry to the US market by offering alternative barrels for TC Encores. Quality and accuracy followed them. I think they are out of the Encore bbl biz and concentrating full time on their own line of firearms.
                  From what you are reading. They are still making precision instruments. Do buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    They were a gunmaker in Spain for many years and made entry to the US market by offering alternative barrels for TC Encores. Quality and accuracy followed them. I think they are out of the Encore bbl biz and concentrating full time on their own line of firearms.
                    From what you are reading. They are still making precision instruments. Do buy.
                    Mr Shilen of Shilen barrels helped them with their modern barrel making process. Bargara has been supplying barrel for a long time to custom gun makers and also some high end manufacturers. https://youtu.be/t-YEA0DRaas

I bought my first Shilen barrel from Ed back in 1970 when his shop was in Irving Tx on Beltline Rd. just south of Hwy 183. Every Shilen barrel I ever had was a tack driver. Just like Savage Arms, Ed hand straightened his barrels by eyeball, a bright light and a press. My last Shilen barrel I still have on my custom 338 WSM built on a Browning A-bolt.

Comment

I have an HMR in 6.5 Creed. Absolute tack driver. Only reason I am selling it is to go with a lighter gun for back country mule deer and antelope.

Comment

Good rifles for the money

Comment

My Bergara ridge is deadly

Comment

I entered a raffle to win one in 22-250. Hopefully luck is on my side.

Comment

Appreciate all the comments. The search is on. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jhubbz View Post
                                Appreciate all the comments. The search is on. If anybody has a lead, let me know.

Go to Bergara website, get model # of one you like, search model number on Gun.Deals and let it do your shopping. Click on best deal and buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X