No announcement yet.

Best 25.06 round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reload 100 gr triple shocks and ballistic tips. Neck shoot and they don’t move.

Comment

I've been shooting the Fusions as well and my rifle really likes them. Never had a failure with the fusions either in my 25-06 or 30-06, and both guns have grouped them well.

Comment

The “best ammo” question is like asking what is a pretty woman. Just look at the answers. What ammo is best for your gun is gonna be found by shooting as many different brands as you can or trying many handloads until you find THE ONE. I have two 25-06s, one a cheap Marlin that shoots very well with FederalFusion and zero misfires. The other is a Ruger No. 1 that wouldn’t shoot anything factory worth a flip but is 1” or better gun with handloads. You may get lucky like I did on the Ruger, I found my load, after a little research,about the third load I tried. Good luck !

Comment

I've got alot of 25-06 ammo left, and now my son has a 270. If anybody's interested I could problably fit in all in a flat rate box and ship it out. I can make somebody a deal on it. I need to pull it all out and see what I have. I'm in the Waco area if someone is close.

Comment

My A-bolt, out of a lot of factory loads, likes the Hornady 117gr American whitetail best.
            Last edited by Roger_Roger; 01-09-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              I've got alot of 25-06 ammo left, and now my son has a 270. If anybody's interested I could problably fit in all in a flat rate box and ship it out. I can make somebody a deal on it. I need to pull it all out and see what I have. I'm in the Waco area if someone is close.

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Federal 117gr Sierra Game Kings is what my new 700 25-06 likes the best way 3/4 MOA and the one deer I’ve shot so far with it was DRT. I just got it in December but it’s already my new favorite rifle.

Comment

Hornady Superformance 117gr SST. Never lost a deer with this round and always great blood. I used to shoot the Federal Premium 117’s.

Comment

Tagged for later

Haven’t killed a deer with a rifle in years. Wasn’t happy with the performance of the 100gr core lokt in my 25-06 on any deer that I shot with it. All were inside 100 yards, lung shot, yet stood in place for what seemed like 30 seconds after the shot before falling over. I don’t recall an exit hole but can’t say that I looked very hard either, still not sure what the issue was.

Comment

My 700 BDL likes the Remington 100gr Core Lokts best.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                        Load some 110 Accubonds. Best round I’ve found for all my 25-06s. I’ve killed truckloads of whitetail with that load and several exotics including elk. Great bullet.
                        Bingo, this is a great combo for nearly anything you want to do.

The Sierra game king would be a great choice as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nosler Partition 115gr

This article informed my ammo choice for my Kleinguenther 25-06s:

Of course, there may be better technology now, but I'm partial to them.

Comment

Bullet update: took bullets and gun to gun shop. Guys saw it and immediately said it looked like "light strikes". not the bullet. Gunsmith cleaned gun all up. Said there had been some gunk build up that caused it to light strike. Cleaned it up and he said it fired 4 straight rounds. So, it wasnt the Federal Sierra Game Kings (hopefully). It was the gun. Need to find me some more FSGKs. Im having h*** finding any 25.06 bullets in my area period. Might have to order. Im also looking into the Hornady American Whitetails.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
                              Tagged for later

Haven’t killed a deer with a rifle in years. Wasn’t happy with the performance of the 100gr core lokt in my 25-06 on any deer that I shot with it. All were inside 100 yards, lung shot, yet stood in place for what seemed like 30 seconds after the shot before falling over. I don’t recall an exit hole but can’t say that I looked very hard either, still not sure what the issue was.
                              I've heard this from other's as well. I believe they said on particularly close shot's bullets would tend to blow up on impact in the 100gr core lokt. I think they still got they're deer, but very little penetration, and a slow death.

Comment

I’ve been shooting Hornady 117gr SST’s for years, and always had great results. Great expansion and large exit every time. Had a doe stagger about 20 yards once, but never had one run off.

Comment

Working...
                                X