No announcement yet.

Best 25.06 round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reload nearly all of my ammunition, and I have ammo that is 40 years old that is 100% reliable. If there is nothing wrong with your rifle, and the firing pin is making deep impressions in the primers, it is likely that the factory used some primers that were contaminated, or stored improperly. Contact Federal, they will likely send you another box, and they may want that box back to check the reason for the malfunction.

Comment

117 grain Hornady BTSP or 120 grain Remington Core-Lokt out of my Sendero SFI shoot awesome. Have not even shot the rifle this year.

Comment

Store bought: Federal 117gr. Sierra. None better..
        Handloading: Sierra is till a great bullet but a 110gr Nosler Accubond would be my choice.

Comment

ttax, I wont be doing any hand loading. lol
          I have had good luck with the federal sierra game king 117g bullets in the past as well. I really like them. It was just crazy that 9 out of 11 bullets didnt fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
            Ive shot approx 300 rounds of this ammo and everything has dropped right in its tracks.
            Yessir! Leaves good blood too. But never needed it to if it didn’t!

Comment

Remington 700 Sendero for me

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              What rifle's are you guy's shooting? My son wanting a 25-06 bad, and I got him a Weatherby Vanguard, and that gun was the most inaccurate frustrating rifle I've ever messed with in my life. I spent well over $200 in different factory ammo after breaking it in per factory recommendations, and the gun just wouldn't group. I did some research and I found multiple people have had issues with the Vanguard in 25-06. Weatherby replaced it with 270. Haven't shot it yet, but haven't heard a bad thing about the 270 in a vanguard. They actually upgraded him to a Vanguard Wilderess for all the trouble having to ship the 25-06 back and forth a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                ttax, I wont be doing any hand loading. lol
                I have had good luck with the federal sierra game king 117g bullets in the past as well. I really like them. It was just crazy that 9 out of 11 bullets didnt fire.
                That is strange.. I've fired many Federal bullets, of all calibers, over the years and never had a misfire. The cheaper Hornadys gave me issues..

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                  Hornady Superformance SST I what I use. I’ve killed mule deer out to 375 yards one shot one kill!

^^^These and I also like the 117gr BTSP.

Comment

Load some 110 Accubonds. Best round I’ve found for all my 25-06s. I’ve killed truckloads of whitetail with that load and several exotics including elk. Great bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                      Have always used the Federal Sierra game king 117 in my Ruger M77 MKII and never any misfires and drt performance on deer and hogs.
                      My Remington BDL stacks these. I have never had any misfire issues.

Comment

Originally posted by J-J Matt View Post
                        Load some 110 Accubonds. Best round I’ve found for all my 25-06s. I’ve killed truckloads of whitetail with that load and several exotics including elk. Great bullet.

110 gn Accubond is the one bullet I’m going to try next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow! I did not see one vote for Winchester Ballistic silver tip 115gr. 25-06
                          My TC Encore loves them. All I shoot in that rifle. They sit the deer and hogs down no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                            What rifle's are you guy's shooting? My son wanting a 25-06 bad, and I got him a Weatherby Vanguard, and that gun was the most inaccurate frustrating rifle I've ever messed with in my life. I spent well over $200 in different factory ammo after breaking it in per factory recommendations, and the gun just wouldn't group. I did some research and I found multiple people have had issues with the Vanguard in 25-06. Weatherby replaced it with 270. Haven't shot it yet, but haven't heard a bad thing about the 270 in a vanguard. They actually upgraded him to a Vanguard Wilderess for all the trouble having to ship the 25-06 back and forth a couple of times.
                            My Dad had one at one time but never had those issues with it.

Comment

The best round is always going to be the one your particular rifle likes. There is no getting around buying a variety of loadings and testing them at the range if you want consistent accuracy.

For what it's worth, my 25-06 loves 85gr Barnes bullets but is not very accurate with heavier stuff.

Comment

i have used the Federal Fusion 120 the last 3 years with great results. shoots great out of my Tikka. Never have had a failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X